Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • 4 x 4 f*+ckwits
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Drove into work today bit tricky but no major dramas on narrow snow covered lanes. That is untill the cocks with 4×4's come the other way. Sat in the middle of the road doing 40mph thinking they are invincible. That would be you in the Navarra, that would be you in the Discovery that would be you in the Freelander you f*ckin co*kjockeys. Sadly all but one were women and seemed to be be clueless as to what to do or even slow down. Anyway made it and am now bored at work, hence the post.

nonk
    Free Member

i like all the wrong side of the road stuff that they do when the rest of us just wait in line.
    didnt know it was allowed when it snows.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Woman broke down in our road this morning so the guy coming down towards her decided the best course of action was to swear at her and ask why she hadn't pulled over before she broke down 🙄 There was lots of swearing back and forth and the bloke did sod all to actually help. Think there'll be more of this before it warms up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we please rename this place Whiningabout4x4sinthesnowtrackworld instead?

psling
    Free Member

Sounds like it's lucky that you're a good enough driver to have got out of their way.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i've had the opposite, driving over the snake pass before christmas i was constantly held up by timid drivers in 4x4s driving too slowly.

in a 2wd car they need to understand that momentum is my friend and when they stop on an uphill corner or mince downhill i'm going to get stuck or smash into the back of them

but i've had far more trouble with people in normal cars so not going to tar them all with the same brush

basically eberybody on the road is shit except me

amedias
    Free Member

well then you'll be happy to know that my (proper) 4×4 is still parked where it was 5 days ago, because despite the fact it can cope with sh1te weather I don't deem any of my journey's worth the risk.

Bike works fine 😉

Smee
    Free Member

Dont get me started on the **** retards that think its acceptable to sit on your bumper on a white road. **** imbeciles – they dont even take the hint when you stop to let them passed – they just **** sit there with a dumb look on their fat **** faces.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bad commute this morning G?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

they dont even take the hint when you stop to let them passed

But I thought you…

tron
    Free Member

When there's someone tailgating me in the snow, I pull in at the next junction, do a quick U turn and pull out behind them. Saves all the stress and aggro of having them behind you, and you get to do a quick handbrake turn 😆

waynekerr
    Free Member

Pigface, did your wife give you a knock back last night then, or is it just jealousy that you do not own a 4×4?

johnners
    Free Member

Can we please rename this place Whiningabout4x4sinthesnowtrackworld instead?

No, but you'll have my full support if you want to rename it "whining abouteverybastardthingtrackworld" or even "itsallgordonbrownsfaultalwaystrackworld".

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

"itsallgordonbrownsfaultalwaystrackworld".

WRONG

thatcher's fault innit

waynekerr
    Free Member

You not fussy then?
    My wife's so ugly I can only take her out once a year, Halloween.

trailmonkey

The peace of mind that I experience whilst travelling around safely in my 4×4 allows me the space to reflect on the joys of owning what some are clearly envious of, of slowly killing polar bears, of watching less successful people struggle and of driving 1 metre from the back of nervous looking people who can't wait to get home and fill the internets with tales of evil Landrovers.

Marvelous.

hitman
    Free Member

4×4 drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    You should see it around here – unbelievable driving!
    Out at 6.0am and some people are driving without their lights on, others tailgating ridiculously close!!
    Guy drove around the corner of a road so fast he span off and did a 360 degree power slide and almost rolled the car.
    I'm staying in and going out on my bike offroad away from the idiots 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

instead of all this:

4×4 drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    non 4×4 drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    BMW drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    audi drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    RWD drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    young drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    old drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    red car drivers = f**kwits shocker !!
    blue car drivers = f**kwits shocker !!

can we agree to just settle on:

*some* people = f**kwits
    others, not so much…

coogan
    Free Member

Whinging girls.

molgrips
    Free Member

or mince downhill i'm going to get stuck or smash into the back of them

4×4 means more braking and cornering grip, does it?

mcboo
    Free Member

I love my 4×4. I drive it excellently.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

me not them molgrips

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Hey good luck to them, at least for 1 week a year they can feel smug. Probably makes up for 51 weeks of feeling awkward & self-concious.

thehustler
    Free Member

I love the 4×4 haters, here are a few good reasons why i drive a navara

1. i can go biking get the bike dirty as **** and chuck it straight in the back without worrying about getting car dirty

2. in the summer i go camping alot and get to leave most of gear in car all summer to just get in and go, not constantly packing and unpacking.

3. when the weather is shite like now I get to take the back lanes home and leave the main routes clear for all the 2wheel drivers(and still beat them there)

4 If your really knew what you were talking about you would realise my diesel navara is far more fuel efficient than most 2ltr rep mobiles so it actually does some good too.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

How much does it weigh?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

4 If your really knew what you were talking about you would realise my diesel navara is far more fuel efficient than most 2ltr rep mobiles so it actually does some good too.

i'd like to see THOSE figures 😯

thehustler
    Free Member

I get about 38 to the gallon all cycles, wife drives a 2 ltr primera on similar journeys that returns no where near as good consumption, on a run I get 45+

hora
    Free Member

I drive a all wheel drive car. Love the way it pulls into and around roundabouts and it offers great traction when you use the throttle and steering calmly. Blame the driver, not the car.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

your wife must have a right foot the size of a navy destroyer then 🙂

falkirk-mark

Most 2ltr rep mobiles are diesels now and get 45 plus per gallon

thehustler
    Free Member

soo…if the rep mobiles are only returning similar figures and mine is far more practical who's the donut here?

aP
    Free Member

You must have a specially special noncerama
    Economy ~ manufacturers figures
    Urban 23.9 mpg
    Extra Urban 32.8 mpg
    Combined 28.8 mpg

The Primera had rubbish fuel economy even when it was new, so I don't really think that its hard to better it.

falkirk-mark

45 average, you get 38

oldgit
    Free Member

Me to mcboo. Seems some people think that 4X4 drive gives you 4X4 stopping. You still have to drive well, hit the brakes in a 4X4 and your suddenly in control of a two ton sledge.
    I learnt alot about driving 4X4s in the Army, probably learnt a bit more when the instructors weren't watching 😛 and I learnt some great tips when I did a basic course so I could drive my company 4X4 in a certain companies sites

thehustler
    Free Member

best tip on driving a 4×4 if the conditions are really bad, let the car do the work, engine braking is very underrated in bad conditions

trail_rat
    Free Member

i also did 4×4 course – dont own a 4×4 but alot of what you learn RE traction and slowing down off road applies even in your 2WD FWD car …

You still have to drive well, hit the brakes in a 4X4 and your suddenly NOT in control of a two ton sledge.

hora
    Free Member

best tip on driving a 4×4 if the conditions are really bad, let the car do the work, engine braking is very underrated in bad conditions

Agree. Stay away from the brakes as much as possible- even a short stab would unsettle the car.

In general a smoother driver makes for better mpg anyway and my sis-in-law said a few weekends ago after she glanced at the speedo as she thought we were doing 50/felt slow and not the indicated 80 on the clock. That, I felt was a huge compliment 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Been teaching my little girl how to drive the Landrover on an old dissused airfield (with permision) we can push it to the limit safely. I'm hoping she will learn what you can and can't do in a 4X4, and not be either over cautious or take risks.
    Seen some people who I must assume are lucky idiots. Tanking up to roundabouts on snow and ice assuming they won't have to stop seems a common one.

scaredypants

I'm guessing it was an observation related to perceived passage of time

HansRey

4×4 problems? Round here, theyre all pulling people out of ditches, drifts, etc. OK, the chelsea tractor lot are a pain, but don't give the Defender crew a bad rap.

saw something about a big diesel engine being more fuel efficient than a 2L petrol. That may be correct if you have decent fuel injector. For example, audi diesel engines are leagues more fuel efficient than a toyota prius, because they put some decent dielectric ceramics in. I think this is a great bit of info, great for shooting down the Prius lobby!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘4 x 4 f*+ckwits’ is closed to new replies.