Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4 bike tow bar mounted rack – recommendations please
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

as in the title – looking to get a four bike tow bar rack for easy transportation of the kids and my bikes. It will be mounted to a focus estate, tow bar still to be fitted. Ideally one that gives access to the boot with bikes mounted

My first instinct was to go with Thule, but they are pretty pricey – so anything else worth considering in the £200 – £300 price bracket?

Thanks

Tim

rockhopperbike

Pendle

Stoner
    Free Member

pricier end of the spectrum, I got one of these.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/atera_strada_sport_m_3_to_4_bike_carrier_no_ar2685/Qx%40w%2C6M42VAwp3%40Rb%7B~cC4ure5iWX2

Has been excellent and versatile, carrying child trailers as well as kids bikes and full size ones. Gives good access to tailgate when slid down.

Only problem I find with it is the main upright spar at the front means I cant fit it to the freelander with the spare wheel in the way.

If you dont need something quite so versatile with the built in light board then there’s loads of tilting top bar ones on roofbox.com

I did find space for Jr’s Rohan before we set off, dont worry 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘4 bike tow bar mounted rack – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.