Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 3G coverage – best networks
  • dicky
    Free Member

Does anyone know how the3G coverage between the mobile operators varies? Is any network particularly good or bad? I've just got an iPhone on vodaphone and so far I'm really disapointed in the reception,both for calls but particularly 3G. Is there much between the operators in respect of consistent coverage, or it possible my phone is just duff. I get worse voice signal on my iPhone than on a cheap vodaphone pay as you go sim in a battered old nokia

lyons
    Free Member

VodAphone is rubbish. I had phone and Internet dingle withthem, and now have orange which is alot better.

kimbers

my cheapest possible phobe in the vodafone shop gets excellent coverage when my mates networks let them down

must be a 3g thing

joemarshall
    Free Member

Three are supposed to have the best overall 3g coverage, and it should be getting better too with their mast sharing with t-mobile which is coming in soon.

But really depends on where you are, check the maps, and go for the one with the highest coverage of your area.

http://www.compare3gmobilebroadband.co.uk/3g-coverage-uk.htm

The iPhone isn't renowned for good voice signal (probably not compared to an old nokia, which seem pretty good at hanging onto a signal), although some iPhones supposedly have lots of problems, which might be a warranty issue. It is worth checking if you have two phones on the same network, and one is much better than the other, to phone up vodafone and say, oi, my nokia 6630 can make calls here, but my fancy iPhone won't, and see what they say.

Joe

joemarshall
    Free Member

Coverage is very annoying – in our town, we have great signal on Orange, but t-mobile is very on and off. The next town down has terrible Orange, but great t-mobile signal.

Joe

fubar
    Free Member

my iPhone is on O2 and most days I get at least one 'lost network connection' message…used to find Vodafone excellent (but wasn't using 3G then)…oh and those network maps are bull*….I should have excellent 3G coverage at home according to the map…in reality I have never received it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘3G coverage – best networks’ is closed to new replies.