£3.8m for Manchester trail centre

Home Forum Bike Forum £3.8m for Manchester trail centre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • £3.8m for Manchester trail centre
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Huge amount of cash to be spent at the home of Hit the North!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1097031_bury_set_for_mountain_bike_course

I would dispute this bit though “the council has been encouraging mountain bike events in nearby Philips Park to gauge demand”. They let us use the park, but we had to pay them.

Whatever, if it comes off it could be quite interesting.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

The site had previously been home to bleach and dye works, a chemical tip, various farming operations and a smallpox hospital.

Hope there aren’t any objections based on bikes’ environmental impact then!

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

It’s only a bit of smallpox on your wheels, don’t be so soft!

hora

The site had previously been home to bleach and dye works, a chemical tip, various farming operations and a smallpox hospital

dont fallover and cut yourself.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

So that’s why my skin has been all blotchy and my hair has turned white since HTN 1 and HTN 1.5…?

big_n_daft

not exacly definite is it? sounds like they are put it in the bid and are ready to cut it out again.

Hopes of developing a mountain bike course are also being explored.

Bury council is studying the terrain to see if it is suitable for mountain biking, and research is being undertaken to see if there is any demand.

The site is believed to be suitable because it would be on the national cycle route and the council has been encouraging mountain bike events in nearby Philips Park to gauge demand. The course could be open within two years if the feasibility study is positive.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

They had a spy at HtN1.5. He wasn’t exactly undercover though becasue he asked if we could save him a parking space. This article came out 10 days later, so I guess that they still think it is a possibility.

The site has undergone a de-tox over the last few years since they shut this down.

One bit of it has been renamed “Mere Clough”, probably because it’s old name “Asylum Clough” was a bit Scooby-Doo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘£3.8m for Manchester trail centre’ is closed to new replies.