• This topic has 32 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ji.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • £36
  • matt_outandabout

Who else got their payslip this month and is disappointed by an increase in allowance and a ‘payrise’ equating to b*gg*r all?

I think myself and mrs_oab may have a MaccyD’s to ‘celebrate’.

Drac

Payrise?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pay rise? WTF is that not put my day rate up in 2 years.

piemonster

14% up here.

miketually
    Free Member

We got our first payrise in four (I think?) years a couple of months ago. 1%, so £30 before tax.

The first one was nice, because it was a few months backdated. It was also the month our strike pay was taken out, so it nicely offset that 🙂

coopersport1
    Free Member

Yep £38 here barely enough for a post ride round of drinks 😆

matt_outandabout

Pay rise? WTF is that not put my day rate up in 2 years.

It is my first payrise in 8 years. All 1.3% of it.
    In that time I have had two pay cuts.

D0NK

Yep £38 here barely enough for a post ride round of drinks

either you ride with the boggies or your rides finish at Claridges.

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

I’ve had regular payrises, I keep changing jobs. It’s the only way to get a decent payrise these days.

Kryton57

I’ve just had a conversation with HMRC whereby in passing it was noted that I’d forgotton to inform them of my company pension contributions.

Rolling less tax payable from now on amount and rebates going back to 2010. Its all money in the bank…

SamB
    Free Member

I haven’t had a payrise, but somehow the increased allowance has turned into £9 less take home pay per month 😕

miketually
    Free Member

My single payrise hasn’t offset my increased pension contributions. Or my 5% increase in contact hours. Or the extra work caused by larger class sizes.

mrchrispy

I saw the wrong side of f all (if there is such a thing)
    Balls to this permy lark, I’m going contracting …anyone need an oracle DBA in the north west???

bigyinn
    Free Member

£11 more here. Yay

But that nice David chap told me we were coming out of recession and wages were on the up.

Surely you must all be mistaken?

deluded
    Free Member

I was promoted at work just over a year ago and my salary went DOWN and has yet to recover. Send that Ranch and Bacon Snack Wrap my way.

scotroutes

My pension went up again

timbur
    Free Member

£36 will buy you a cubic metre of 10mm shingle down here (not inc VAT)
    Hours of fun counting it :O)

I’m self employed so I just work a bit more to generate more money :O(

doom_mountain

Just under £40 here, gonna go crazy and have a Snickers at lunchtime.

willard

I had my first above inflation (by a gnat’s whisker) pay rise in six years this year. Yes it is extra cash, but it doesn’t really make up for the last five years of salary erosion.

DT78
    Free Member

0.42%

thestabiliser
    Free Member

1.5% annihalted by pushing my fuel card tax liability into higher rate tax. Naggers.

DrJ

1% here, too 🙁

thekingisdead
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    1.5% annihalted by pushing my fuel card tax liability into higher rate tax. Naggers.

POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Can’t you top up your avc’s to bring you back into the normal rate?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Probably, but as a clueless oaf I’ll like as not just suffer it. Thanks for the nudge though.

totalshell

still charging the same rates as 8 years ago and still been told we re expensive.. until the next time when they ring someone else and complain how much they wanted..

chrismac

Not seen my payslip yet, but given that I got no payrise and my pension contributions are doubling over 3 years for the same level of benefit Im not holding my breath that I notice any benefit of a change in the allownances

spooky_b329

I should show this to my colleagues who winge about our rise every year… Thankfully we have a strong union who spend weeks negotiating a rise that reflects our employers results every year…but there is always a few who think we are being screwed over and vote against the agreement.

Our rises have averaged 4.2% over the past 4 years and I feel incredibly lucky.

The wife on the other hand, nothing, even when they can see their targets/results improving, there is no one to fight for a fair deal.

sparkyrhino

Paah £36, I,ve just spent that on my lunch at Greggs…mmmmmm Bavarian slice

the-muffin-man

Extra £11.41/month for me!

Can’t seen any other wage rise on the horizon – been static for 3 years now.

njee20
    Free Member

£20 more a month for me.

No payrise this year.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

1% for me

ji
    Free Member

After my latest rise I am only £110 worse off per month after tax. Higher pension contributions, NI etc…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘£36’ is closed to new replies.