Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 35mm tubed vs 32mm tubeless dull tyres for road question
  • Dickyboy

Loving my touring bike with 35mm tubed tyres. Would 32mm tubeless tyres have a similar feel or do I need to stick with 35mm for the comfort levels – only asking coz 32mm tubeless road tyres have better availability than 35mm tubeless.

cynic-al
    Free Member

All other things being identical I would guess yes. I doubt you’ll notice tho – too many other factors.

Dickyboy

Ditching my road bike with 28mm tubed tyres at 80/90psi & wondering if 32mm tubeless tyres at 60psi will give me the comfort I want for my old bones without going too wide/heavy & wanting slick rather than gravel treaded tyres.

ampthill

What pressure at the 35mm tyres? Assuming you can get the pressure the same in the 32mm without pinch flatting the 32mm tyres will be more comfortable.

long complicated explanation here

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/specials/grand-prix-5000-comparison

PS I think the narrower the tyre the less able a tyre is to self seal. But that is another story

MoreCashThanDash

Fwiw I’m running 32mm tubeless on my winter road bike, and loving it. 60psi in the rear at 84kg.

As it’s a touring bike I guess being loaded may be an extra factor.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ditching my road bike with 28mm tubed tyres at 80/90psi & wondering if 32mm tubeless tyres at 60psi will give me the comfort I want for my old bones without going too wide/heavy & wanting slick rather than gravel treaded tyres.

That’s a lot in 28c. I am 88-92 kg at various times and I used to run 95 in 23c with tubes. Now I am on 28c tubeless on 19mm rims and I run 55 psi and its great.

Dickyboy

What pressure at the 35mm tyres?

60psi

As it’s a touring bike I guess being loaded may be an extra factor.

This is for a road bike – was just comparing it to my touring bike.

That’s a lot in 28c.

Bit too late to tell me that now 🙄

All in all sounds like 32mm tubeless is worth a punt, thanks 👍

Daffy

I’m 71kg and run 32mm tubeless tyres at 47psi front and 50psi rear on 22mm internal rims.

I also run 40mm gravel tyres on 25mm internal rims at 45/47 on the road and they’re MUCH more comfortable despite the higher pressure.

w00dster

I run 32mm tubeless and 35mm tubed(latex tubes).
    The 35mm are uber comfortable and smooth. It’s pretty close but I’d go with the 35mm’s. But then again my 35mm’s are Compass (Rene Herse)and they do make very good tyres.
    I did run the compass tyres tubeless but they just wouldn’t seal any holes. 75kgs and running about 45 to 50 psi.

My 32’s are Bontrager R3. Not a bad tyre and I’ve not had any flats for at least 3000kms.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘35mm tubed vs 32mm tubeless dull tyres for road question’ is closed to new replies.