• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ajaj.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 35mm film developing
  • rhys
    Free Member

Youngest has bought an old Olympus OM 10 and has just finished his first roll of film (he’s been mirroring with my old Nikon D300) where would people recommend for developing and printing? Thank you

fatmountain
    Free Member

PEAK imaging in Sheffield are fantastic or Ilford London for monotone stuff.

epicyclo

Colour or B&W?

If the latter, encourage him to do his own developing. It’s easy, and then it’s a small step to doing his own printing.

Colour is a bit trickier, but doable.

rhys
    Free Member

Its colour film atm, thanks

Creg

I’ve been sending my film off to PhotoHippo in Burnley.

I use their develop and scan service and they post the negatives back for free. Impressed with the service so far.

boblo
    Free Member

Ahhh the OM10, my first camera. It was a toss up between that an a Pentax ME Super. They were the days. I’ve still got a few OM bodies and lenses. 🙃

bob_summers

OM-1 here, good shout.
    I home dev colour and BW, simple enough to do but colour kits work out expensive if you don’t shoot a lot of it (they expire fairly quickly) – but for little outlay I think it’s a worthwhile process to learn.
    Why? Reading negatives, density etc, teaches you a lot about exposure.
    Plus, if you don’t have a scanner, it can be expensive to get 36 exposures scanned – especially if there were only a couple of ‘keepers’ on the roll.

Keando

Another ex-OM user. Dad passed on his OM-1N to me when he updgraded to a OM-2N and then an OM-4 (not the Ti Version). Remember the fun of firing off rolls of film whilst following the ‘RAC’ Rally, sending them off to be developed and waiting to see if they were as good as I had hoped. Unfortunately, not many were. Still have them as I inherited them when he passed but not been used for many years since we switch to digital cameras.

finishthat
    Free Member

Will take some finding a place still open , mail order most likely , we use snappy snaps when open – very good service .
    Suggest getting them scannned at same time.
    B&W I would do at home as is much cheaper, you can even develop with coffee!

avdave2

I still have 2 OM-1Ns, great cameras. Later I got a Nikon FM2n really just for the higher flash sync. The Olympus’s of the time were unusual in having the shutter speed on  the lens mount ring but  I still think on a manual camera it’s brilliant.

epicyclo

I had a 17mm lens on my OM-1. Loved it, very little distortion. I’ve hung on to it but I’ll probably never get to use it again.

colournoise

I use DS Colour Labs for my Lomography messing about with lofi 35mm stuff. No complaints but I don’t think they’re working ATM.

ajaj
    Free Member

Support your local high street? A few independent shops still do film processing, although you’re unlikely to get same day processing because they won’t have the volume to make it worth heating the chemistry.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘35mm film developing’ is closed to new replies.