Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • £3.55
  • geoffj

……for a pint of wife beater…..in the north.

How the **** did that happen? 😯

djglover
    Free Member

Cask ales £1.80 a pint on colne high street

druidh
    Free Member

Referring to any sort of alcoholic beverage as “wife beater” is blatantly downplaying and making light of the very serious problem of domestic abuse caused by the over-indulgence of alcohol in this country.

I should report you to the mods!!!

kimbers

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7xfBpZ3M[/video]

geoffj

You can get more than a pint of cask ale on colne high street for £1.80 8)

RustySpanner

Someone attempted to charge me over £4 for a Hoegaarden last week,
    IN NORTH WALES.

Seriously, we’re all doomed. 😐

geoffj

I’m getting quite a taste for girlfriend beater too

cynic-al
    Free Member

The £4 for cooking lager barrier was passed some time ago in GOD’s own city.

allthepies
    Free Member

GOD’s own city.

Bristol ? WTF.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Geoffj I think you’ll find that’s called boyfriend-beater?

Kevevs
    Free Member

phew.. worked on a checkout all day. thought it was some sort of price challenge or something.

No. Those 2 pies didn’t come to 3 pound for two, that was last weeks deal. no. sorry blah blah blah. They are 1.80 EACH, be nice be nice be nice..! gah!

4.10 for a pint of Stella in Castle View in Deganwy, Conwy.

Pook

They’d need to pay me far more than that to drink that shit.

angryratio
    Free Member

The cost of living in a coma has definately gone up…

geoffj

They’d need to pay me far more than that to drink that shit.

I wOuld normally agree, but the Station Hotel in Oxenholme gets it just right. Ice cold, tarty glasses, buxom barmaids, bloody irresistible. And since adopting scotchland as my motherland, appreciation of real beer is wasted anyway*

*with the possible exception of inveralmond brewery stuff 8)

GRAEMEJONES

£8 for 2 pints of Carling and a pint of Wychewood Scarecrow , not too long ago, at the Bull Inn , Shrewsbury .

Cougar

Yeah, but it’s a bastard steep hill to get there in the first place. Last time I was drinking in Colne, my opening gambit was two pints; it took him longer to pull the second than it did for me to drink the first.

geoffj

GRAEMEJONES – Member
    £8 for 2 pints of Carling and a pint of Wychewood Scarecrow , not too long ago, at the Bull Inn , Shrewsbury .
    POSTED 54 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Nice one Graeme I’m off there on Tuesday 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

gawdallmighty and the jesus and mary pains. I carried 2 farckin pints of crisps up to stolthemholme-on-the-water last night. Ind I had bad jyp in me back.

GRAEMEJONES

geoffj,get in the Coach and Horses and try this . It was on form and very drinkable..

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Alright then. What is the correct price for a pint?

I happen to be running a beer festival as part of the Big Bike Bash and am going to be printing the beer menus this weekend.

Please vote

a) £2,50
    b) £3.00
    c) £3.50

Also thinking of doing a token system so if we choose the £3 price you can buy 4 tokens for £10 or something like that.

Suggestions welcome

Kevevs
    Free Member

hmmmm…

a) 2.50 without doubt sir, is it a trick question?

5lab

as everyone at the bbb is a southerner, I think you’d get away with £3.50 without issue. It’s rare to get much change from £4 a pint in brighton

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm.

£1.00 a pint?

WHY BLOODY NOT????

GRAEMEJONES

Not really much help to you, but I would guess from my recent pubs, that £3 would be pushing it, but I bet a lot of folks from “down south” would be glad to pay that.
    😉 Not wishing to push the north/south divide… 🙂

Cougar

BBB – at a beer festival, one drinks halves in order to sample twice as many brews. I’d suggest either £2 or £3 a pint to make for easy maths and happy punters. Four quid is resentment territory.

On a token system you should require two tokens for a pint. Perhaps £1.50 each or 8 for a tenner would be a plan? Ie, three quid for a pint or £2.50 if you buy bulk.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Cougar – This is a beer festival at a music festival at a bike festival. Trust me, they were drinking pints

The honest reason for the push from £2.50 to £3.00 is the change. It makes the float really difficult.

we were thinking that if we made the tokens work out at £2.50 but you had to buy 4 at a time and then made beer £3 we would make the tills easy.

How much for wine and cider ?

Cider same as beer I assume and same for wine as long as we only do big glasses

Cougar

Cider the same as beer.

Wine, a fiver a glass, minimum. Who the geoff drinks wine at a beer festival? Offset the bumming on wine with dirt cheap soft drinks for the poor sod who’s driving.

trail_rat
    Free Member

we got rushed 45 quid for a round of 5 drinks in alkmaar in holland …. was nearly sick … then i was sick about an hour later out side the bar – since i dont drink much of anything ever hardly …. lime and soda it is !

Kevevs
    Free Member

more than 2-2.50 a pint, on my wages? I’d be sneaking it in. so then you’re looking at security and people to bounce out people like me. no way i’d pay more than 2.50 for something I’ve paid for already that I’m not even sure if it’s gonna be good? make it inclusive, not exclusive. ordinary bods on bikes can’t afford to pay entrance AND 3.00 – 3.50 a pint.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Keveves – We have cans of Tanglefoot for taking back to the tents.

we also have a dozen bottes of Moet et Chandon up for prizes so you never know

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can’t even make it anyway 🙁 hope it is a great one!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Kev – MTFU- Of course you can make it. Name these reasons you cant

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

ordinary bods on bikes can’t afford to pay entrance AND 3.00 – 3.50 a pint.

[quote]

Some of those attending will be riding bikes costing a thousand times what a pint will cost.

They will still moan at the cost of a pint though. That’s what mtbers do…

atlaz
    Free Member

Someone in a bar in the US tried to sell me “a delicious Belgian lager-style beer” for $9 a pint once. Couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to pay $9 for a pint of Stella though (mind you, I wouldn’t have had it for free either).

JRTG
    Free Member

Brighton has gone mad, I was charged £5.05 for a pint of guiness. I was more outraged that they felt £5 wasn’t enough and had to add on an extra 5p!!! Didn’t even taste that great.

stanley

In our local pubs it generally costs about £2.50 for a decent cask ale.
    I had been thinking that that was getting shockingly expensive; not so long since that ale was way under £2 a pint. It does seem to have rocketed in the last few years.

This has given me the taste for a beer now 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

People complaining about the price of life’s little necessities shocker. 😯

Lifer
    Free Member

JRTG – Member

Brighton has gone mad, I was charged £5.05 for a pint of guiness. I was more outraged that they felt £5 wasn’t enough and had to add on an extra 5p!!! Didn’t even taste that great.

Where was that?

oldgit
    Free Member

Where was that

Brighton.

marco
    Free Member

Wife went to a wedding at the Deer Park in Calderdale last weekend
    Pint of san miguel was £4.50, glass of wine was £5.50 courtesy of Berties in Elland, robbing tw..ts.
    Alternatavely a pint of Pure Brew at the Colliers arms (Elland wood bottom) after our weds night rides is £2.48, proper bargain
    had to share that

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘£3.55’ is closed to new replies.