Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 35 years ago on this date one of the best children’s programs first aired
  • racefaceec90
    Free Member

gods i feel old

matt_outandabout

Oh man. Now that was must watch in our house…

footflaps

Don’t remember that at all. Looks similar to Heman, which I do remember.

We were reminiscing about 70s TV on our ride this morning.

ta11pau1

No, don’t remember that either. I’m 41 so would have been in prime years to watch that too.

It was all about Thundercats, He-Man, The Racoons, and of course Bucky O’Hare!

dangeourbrain

I don’t remember it from the first opening sequence there especially but the second one certainly.

Always thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest. Spell casting B O R I N G

wooksterbo

Yep certainly remember it but don’t remember if I liked it or not. I was mostly into cartoons but watched the odd live action series, the ones that were on towards the end of cbbc late afternoons. Not your Grange Hills etc, more the 1 or 2 series stories of which I do not remember any of the names apart from The Box of Delights. At the time I thought it was amazing, now, it hasn’t aged well. I watched far too much TV then and still was outside loads, no idea how I had the time to do it all as I wasn’t allowed to stay up late 😂

jeffl

Remember Knightmare. Quite ahead of its time with augmented reality. Love the music for the original opening scene.

Caher

Better than the Clangers? Yea right. With an honourable mention to Scooby-Doo.

wooksterbo

The Adventure Game was a little similar too.

didnthurt

Watched it but wasn’t really a favourite of mine. Weirdly I loved the Crystal Maze which is a similar premise.

reeksy

Definitely swerved this I’m afraid. Super excited by the concept, but felt it didn’t meet expectations.

ceramicmatt

One of my favourite shows as an 80’s kid and was ahead of its time, really unique. Think it was on itv around 5pm, just before my tea.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.