Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • $35 for a bell? Would you? We would…
  • Mark
    yunki
    Free Member

I would.. if I could, but I can’t

scotroutes

It’s neither Titanium nor Aero so no, I wouldn’t

This, on the other hand…

Guaranteed to be at least 15% faster….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevied
    Free Member

Guaranteed to be at least 15% faster….

and 60% more expensive??

Houns

Hmmm anyone ever use a bell to grab a drivers attention??!

chvck
    Free Member

No chance! I won’t even pay that for a rear mech.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

$35 for a bell? Would you?

No.

Of course not.

Next.

allthegear
    Free Member

Do they do a Mint Sauce one??

Rachel

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I just say “Ding Ding”, I kid you not! Always gets a smile 🙂

z1ppy

It seems as though far too few mountain bikers run bells on their trail bikes. Sure, they may seem silly, but watching walkers step aside with a smile rather than a scowl

I my experience ppl see (hear) a bell rung on a bike, as an expectation for them to move out of the way, rather than just a warning your approaching.
    I prefer & will continue to shout out a cheery “hello” instead.
    All in all, both are wasted as most ppl seemingly are lost in there music & their sound noise isolating headphone means they can’t hear anything anyways!

40mpg

I use a £2.50 bell from Decathlon mounted upside down below the bars – hardly noticeable, and with a sideways action it dings just like changing gear (but mounted slightly further in & lower than shifters).

Its proved immeasurably useful on almost every ride to warn walkers and horse riders, wouldn’t do without it.

Edit – followed up with a wave and cheery hello as above

rOcKeTdOg

Interesting letter re bells & cyclists/walkers on pg14 of today’s “I” I know the author 😉

cinnamon_girl

This, on the other hand…

Yep, bought that for my Ti. Bloody thing is in pieces, for that money I expected it to work well. Piece of crap. 😐

roverpig

part comes from the feeling one gets for supporting companies making things in the first world.

Uh? Why should I feel any better about supporting an American worker than a Thai one? Buying British I get, but “buying first world” is a new one on me.

STATO
    Free Member

no plastic” … apart from the plastic bit obviously…

fasthaggis

Hope hubs are fitted with a free warning device 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The bit the bell rests on? It’s probably rubber isn’t it?

midlifecrashes

Yes, but not for that bell. I want one that sits vertically and mounts neatly on a headset spacer to sit out of the way below the bars of a road bike. Under the stem might do too. Has to be a proper loud ring a ring, not a pathetic little pinger. Not found it yet.

Pridds

I defintey will. Live in the lakes so need one and go through approximatley a bell a month and They alaways break on the crappy plastic bits either rattling apart or broken in a crash. Been waiting for someone to make a decent one in metal for ages so will probably get the 2 bell package and have one on both bikes

soops
    Free Member

Ding Ding here too. I call it the Eco bell.

rootes1

“bring bring” bells i think have a friendlier sound that the “ding ding” type..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Two tone ones are even better 🙂

ononeorange

+1 for zippy, above.

In any case, most walkers walking towards you can watch you approach for ages without getting out of the way until you have had to virtually come to a shuddering halt in front of them before gradually bimbling across / feebly calling wayward dog etc etc – so why will they move any quicker if they hear you?!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thanks for flagging this, just funded.

I have a massive brass Crane bell on my Dummy that I absolutely love for the build quality and the wonderfukl clear timbre of the ring. It really is very nice. But it won’t do on a swish mountain bike at all.

The pursuit of something like workmanlike perfection in small details advances another pace.

😀

vinnyeh

Seems lovely.
    Failed to resist. Now I need to buy a bike to suit it.

Edric64
    Free Member

Do they do a Mint Sauce one??

Rachel

If they did it would take a year to get to you after paying for it 😆

Farticus

midlifecrashes – like this? PM me if you want it!

paulevans
    Free Member

Get your self a Honka Hoota. Great sound! The Frenchie lift attendants a last years PDS could t get enough of them when lifting our bikes off the lifts.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I came very close to buying a £35 bell in Denmark earlier this year. It was incredibly simple and beautiful. But expensive!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The Honka Hoota is an interesting redesign of the bell. I like it a lot!

WillH

Houns – Member
    Hmmm anyone ever use a bell to grab a drivers attention??!

No, I use my AirZound for that. Works a treat, has caused a couple of drivers to back off, who would otherwise have caused me to take evasive action.

turboferret

$50 once you factor shipping in!

Also take slight issue with their no-plastic, with obvious plastic content…

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘$35 for a bell? Would you? We would…’ is closed to new replies.