• This topic has 209 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • 31 days without a drink ? Seems a healthy idea !
  • iainc

Yep, last night tonight and feeling the better of it. Disappointed to not have lost weight but I’ve not done much riding at all this month. Will enjoy some wine at the weekend but planning on limiting it to non school nights only going forward

dadbike
    Free Member

I’ve done dry January for a few years now and have always felt better for it but I looking at my heart rate data I was surprised to to see average resting hr down 11.5% and hr threshold up 12.5%, from Nov/Dec. So to answer the OP… yes it does.

Murray

Looking forward to a glass of wine tonight. As a heavy drinker I expected this to be hard (it was when I gave up booze a few years ago) but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I’ll definitely stay cut down and may go for another dry month this year,

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woody2000

I’m going to stay “dry” for the forseeable I think.  It’s really improved my mood and general ability to tolerate stuff.  As a dad of 3 boys under 9 I need all the help I can get!  Got a party this Sat night but it will be easy enough to stay sober I think.

PS – Warsteiner “Fresh” is pretty good for a completely alcohol free beer.

PPS – Why do they still need to do age verification on alcohol free drinks?  Cough medicine/mouthwash must have more ABV but I don’t need approval for that!

iainc

Home, Large G’n’T, half pissed 🙂

Murray

Had a couple of beers and half a bottle of wine both days at the weekend. One bottle of non-alcoholic Erdinger with dinner last night. Drinking run rate looks like it’s reset to something less destructive.

Tiger6791

Still going 🙂

It could get addictive

Went to pub & curry this week and one of the lads couldn’t get a taxi so we walked back our house and I jumped in the car and drove him home which just felt very weird and wrong even though I’d not had a drop of alcohol. Just felt odd driving after a night out and being in a pub.

chestrockwell

The Mrs and I managed the month and apart from a few weekend days didn’t really miss it. Both lost weight and both have had people comment on it. Don’t feel night and day better but certainly found I could get going in the morning quicker.

We had our first drink on Friday night and felt tipsy on very little. Had a better go on Saturday night but not at the previous pace and felt rough the next day so having another week off now. Considering we drank at least a bit most nights before it has had the desired effect.

Kryton57

I replaced booze with Tea.  I’m not missing fuzzy mornings and have a new fondness for Tea which has also driven down my coffee intake.  Anyway, I binged on booze over last weekends Rugby and the Sunday/Monday fuzzy head had made me feel I’m more likely to see booze as a “special occasions” drink now.

Surrounded by free booze last night and just didn’t want any at all.

iainc

Had a few thu, fri, sat nights and it’s my birthday today so early pub dinner with family and 2 pints. Definitely has reset which is good. Will keep to modest weekend consumption as, like others, very much liking better sleeps etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘31 days without a drink ? Seems a healthy idea !’ is closed to new replies.