Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 30psi…….BANG!
  • slackman99
    Free Member

Geax Saguaro folding arrived in the post yesterday. I’d heard good things about them, but if running on Stans, avoid the TNT versions. Bead seemed a bit loose, but not much more than my old Eskars.

Was fitting tonight, hit the magic 30psi mark then the next thing I know, i’m covered in sealant and my ears are ringing.

Made a surprisingly loud bang for 30psi and bought the missus out of the house (about 40ft and 3 closed double glazed doors!)

tomhoward

You are Badger and I claim £5

clubber
    Free Member

Bad luck. 🙂

I always do first time inflation with the wheel round a corner just in case…

althepal

Spaff!

matt_outandabout

iainc

This is why I have 719’s and tubes 🙂

Houns

Aww cute badgers

Instances like this that I wish sealant was blood red not white

matt_outandabout

It would be better glow in the dark green – Predator stylee

P20

I put a bit more than that in a few years back, left it to settle the fluid in the sidewalls and started on the other one. Heard a massive bang, fluid all over the windows and the tyre now two foot away from the wheel 😯 😆

clubber
    Free Member

You should see the mess that a tubeless cx tyre blowing off the rim at 70psi makes…

glupton1976
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI[/video]

igm

I do the first inflation without sealant normally.

Pessimistic?

Probably

Edit: Nice badgers.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

its because you used Joe’s fluid on Stan’s rims

slackman99
    Free Member

Lol, first inflate was without sealant, but not up to 30psi.

Never had one go pop before. Not really trusting Geax now (unfortunate as I have a new front too!)

nick1962
    Free Member

Badgers, kill them!
    http://badger-killers.co.uk/

Northwind

Mine was quite a bit above 30psi when it popped off- big flatspot on the rim seemed to be the cause. Impressive stuff- ears ringing, felt like I’d been slapped around the face, and it knocked the wheel out of its dish. Glad I wasn’t holding onto it when it went off!

nikk
    Free Member

Fnarrr

prawny

Yeah last summer I had a Hutchinson toro blow off a rim at about 40psi, I was holding it when it went, couldn’t feel the tip of my index finger for two hours. Ears were a mess too for a bit.

Put me off tubeless for a while, going to get something tubeless ready next time and try again.

tmb467
    Free Member

If they are 26’s I’d be happy to give you a few quid for em

parkesie
    Free Member

Saw thread title… Please let it be please please YES its a badger thread. 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

This happened the other night stans crest rim with specialized 2 bliss tyre just fully blew off the rim milk all over the place but re done it now and it’s been fine so God knows what caused it…

kayak23

Exactly that happened to my ardent exo on a flow. We were doing it in a mates kitchen. His wife wasn’t entirely pleased… 😳

nikk
    Free Member

blow off a rim

I was holding it when it went,

fully blew off the rim milk all over the place

We were doing it in a mates kitchen. His wife wasn’t entirely pleased…

Fnarrr fnar fnarrrr

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lester
    Free Member

i did that, but it blew off the rim while i was out
    i had no idea it had happened and just saw white stuff everywhere.
    mind you it knackered the brand new tyre, which now looks like the rim is buckled

pinetree
    Free Member

Tyre exploded, eh? Sure someone just didn’t get a little excited?

rickon
    Free Member

Check the tyre, chances are the bead is now goosed. I thought the TNT Geax tyres were really low in their ETRTO, so they were proper tight on rims?

My standard Geax Sagaro went up really easy on Crests, needed now sealant to stay up too.

I reckon it’s a 650b tyre 😉

dipper
    Free Member

i had one explode in the back of the car. nearly had a heart attack! :mrgreen:

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘30psi…….BANG!’ is closed to new replies.