Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 30.9 ti seatpost?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

Any benefit, for a trailsy HT, or does the bigger tube start to negate the benefit of the ti flex? Currently running a Hope eternity.

(If so … who makes them?)

ta

boxfish
    Free Member

Van Nicholas make a 30.9 mm post in 300 or 400 mm lengths. I’ve used a 31.6 mm Ti post in the past. It wasn’t particularly flexy at all. Looked nice though 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a bit more compliance, why not shim down to 27.2, maybe consider a carbon post.

amplebrew

Eriksen posts are really great quality. They’re $220 dollars which I think should be around £130 (ish) I also didn’t get stung for any import duty on the couple I’ve previously ordered.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx folks.

maybe consider a carbon post.

Problem there is I find it hard to reconcile “flexi carbon post” with “safe carbon post”. I had a carbon post splinter on me once, it was a very scary moment, tho it was some years ago. (I do run carbon bars but they are very stiff).

mattjg
    Free Member

(those Eriksens are pretty, @amplebrew do you notice any comfort benefit?)

wwaswas

I’ve got a 27.2 Lynskey Ti I could be persuaded to part with if you go down the shim route. Email in profile.

amplebrew

mattjg – Member
    (those Eriksens are pretty, @amplebrew do you notice any comfort benefit?)

They’re definitely more comfortable than my Thomson posts, although I purely run them because I’m a tart to be honest 😀

There is less ‘buzz’ when in the saddle, and the benefit is more noticeable over longer distances.

BadlyWiredDog

I used to run a 31.6mm Lynskey ti post in a Ragley Ti frame, I actually went back to a Thomson Elite because I found the flex in the ti post slightly disconcerting, so in my experience – with those two posts – there was a detectable difference in feel.

I think it does take some of the edge off the ride feel, but on anything really rough, you’re probably out of the saddle anyway. The latest Lynskey post is quite nice btw. Long story, but I now have a 27.2mm one in the Ragley frame.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘30.9 ti seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.