Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • 30 Secs of your time please. Tubeless Survey
  • MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks Coppersport for the info on Cert,
    next question is how long does that Cert last for?
    If I find the older version of said “item” it would have to of had a cert in the first place, so how long it last or does it need testing again if item is repainted etc?

rickon
    Free Member

You can’t discover the former whilst the latter is true. Either you’ve been lucky, or you’ve tried very few tyres. Sooner or later something will change and it becomes a bit more of a faff.

I practiced on lots of tyres before 2 years ago, and failed lots. The difference between a master and a student is the amount of failures one has had 😉

Like you said, Schwalbe tyres have been a PITA with changing their ETRTO between 2011-2012, and then what appears a scatter gun approach to diameter sizing – resulting in a few splattered walls, and one destroyed shirt.

I know now what tyres fit my rims, and I’m generally sticking to them. I’ve tried a few different recently – Geax, On One, Bonty… and they’ve all gone up fine, actually all of those were a dream to seal.

I still prefer Conti tyres, but they do leak a lot, so need a good scrub with IPA and a little patience. Plus they do destroy the bead over a number of rides, which makes them unusable as tubeless before the tread has gone. So my mates get a free £50 tyre to run with tubes 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘30 Secs of your time please. Tubeless Survey’ is closed to new replies.