Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • £3 to £3.5k on a DH bike?
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Was hoping that YT would be releasing a pimped up carbon Tues but unfortunately not 🙁

So, if you had the dosh burning a hole in your Troy Lee pyjamas, where would your money be going?

Must be new (not 2nd hand) and preferably sick fiddy bee.

mikey74
    Free Member

Towards a V10c.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glory and £500 left over to spend on Monster stickers.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Saracen Myst Pro, the very similar spec bike was winning Pearce and BDS races/series, it’s a no brainer to me! Mine is due for delivery next week, can’t bloody wait!

Rosss
    Free Member

I’d hold onto you’re cash, I’m sure YT have got the site up and running to get orders in for their Capras I’d bet the carbon tues will be along in a few weeks. If you can’t wait get yourself a copy of the Dirt 100 and have a flick through, some lovely DH bikes in this year and your budget would get you most. I love my carbon Devinci Wilson

drovercycles
    Free Member

Continuing the trend of 2014 bikes with steep discounts, this weekend we have the GT Fury Team downhill bike, reduced from £4699 to a bargain-acious £3499 – that's over 25% off!

Posted by Drover Cycles on Friday, January 30, 2015

drovercycles
    Free Member

Myst Pro is also a very good shout. Or a custom built Transition TR500.

alpineharry
    Free Member

TR500, polygon collosus DHX (not sure if they’re 650B) i have a 26″ one and they’re bloody fantastic! Saracen is a good shout but some parts i’d change straight away. New lapierre, won the 3 races it was used.

drovercycles
    Free Member

OP, if you are interested in a TR500, feel free to give us a shout and I can suggest you some specs.

ekul
    Free Member

XL carbon Devinci Wilson on freeborn for £1999. Sell the gear on it and pimp it up to spec of choice. Bargain!

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

[/quote]Rosss – Member
    I’d hold onto you’re cash, I’m sure YT have got the site up and running to get orders in for their Capras I’d bet the carbon tues will be along in a few weeks. If you can’t wait get yourself a copy of the Dirt 100 and have a flick through, some lovely DH bikes in this year and your budget would get you most. I love my carbon Devinci Wilson

Can’t see it personally – they were saying in September it would be shipping by the end of the year, sounds like they’ve had issues.

Need to get something ordered relatively soon as I’ve no DH bike at present and got a weekend away planned for April with the chaps.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

drovercycles – Member
    OP, if you are interested in a TR500, feel free to give us a shout and I can suggest you some specs.

Hmmmm………TR500 is nice but would (I’m guessing) be a pretty basic spec for the money.

Commencal with BOS is looking good value – especially as I’d have enough cash left over for upgrades 🙂

euans2
    Free Member

I have to 2015 Saracen Myst pro, fantastic bike although I did change a few parts from new, I got it for a very good price so I changed the bars and stem to Easton Havoc 35’s, the breaks to Zee’s and upgraded the fork with a charger damper kit

drovercycles
    Free Member

TR500 is nice but would (I’m guessing) be a pretty basic spec for the money.

You might be pleasantly surprised – but yes, it wouldn’t have BOS forks or Fox 40s for that price. Marzocchi 380s or Boxxers, decent wheels, no corners cut anywhere.

Yes – have to agree on the VFM offered by Commencal – excellent spec (apart from the wheels which in our experience don’t last long).

edward2000
    Free Member

Evil undead? One seriously good looking bike. I don’t one one I just brought a Tues

SirHC

Giant Reign 2, get rid of the front mech, decent set of wheels and brakes.

legend
    Free Member

Sir HC – Member
    Giant Reign 2, get rid of the front mech, decent set of wheels and brakes.

and you’ll have a nice bike, but not a proper DH bike

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Looking at the nice red carbon YT Tues ? in the background of this video ,I’d say it won’t be long at all before it’s officially announced.

Dirt Ally Capra and Carbon Tues

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘£3 to £3.5k on a DH bike?’ is closed to new replies.