Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • 3 most Boring Sports to Watch!
  • GrahamS

Skiing is ace to watch – provided you fast forward to the crashes 😀

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Run and Wriggle
    Fishing
    Golf

john_drummer
    Free Member

1) anything with wheels
    2) anything involving hitting balls with sticks
    3) anything that takes 4-5 days to produce 'a draw'

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ice Skating.
    Ballroom Dancing.
    X-Factor.

AndyRT
    Free Member

big brother
    the restaurant
    the apprentice

crazy-legs

Road cycling – Just soooo dull.

A 6hr transitional stage of the TdF can be as dull as ditchwater apart from the last 3km. But watching the Tour Down Under was ace and a mountain stage of the TdF can be nail-biting.

Cricket and golf are the two most boring sports that are on regularly. Bowls and curling are well up there in the thoroughly dull stakes too.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ice Skating.
    Ballroom Dancing.
    X-Factor.

big brother
    the restaurant
    the apprentice

not sport though

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

F1
    Tennis
    Golf
    Difficult to decide which is the worst..

tiggs121
    Free Member

I find a good way to test if a tv sport is truly boring is to watch it with the sound off – some commentators can spice it up a bit and others just confirm your thoughts.

Some interesting responses – never thought cricket would feature as often!

aP
    Free Member

Cricket
    Rugby
    Football

Nothing to do with some people's bizarre class notions, just that I don't find any of them interesting – and the notion that I would spend time watching overpaid halfwits for pleasure……….

Pigface
    Free Member

Gav you old skater yes it is 🙂 you dont see any of the nuances you describe on film it all happens to quick. In photos its a differnt matter. There you can see foot placement, where the rail is, the stance etc. If you watch 10 minutes of pipe or Teahupo'o you will be comatose. After the initial "Ohmygod" look at the size of that thing it is all the same drop bottom turn run like a loon for the shoulder. Seeing people like Shawn Briley deliberatly pulling in to get munched is always fun but he is a rare breed.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Winter Olympics coming up.
    How about the Luge (Going down an icy slope on a tea tray).
    Curling (Lots of Scottish and Canadian persons looking serious with a broom).
    Biathlon (XC Skiing & rifle shooting) Pointless pursuit unless you are in the Russian Army.

Dylan08
    Free Member

1. Football
    2. Football
    3. Firkin Football!

Nice and easy!

Dylan08
    Free Member

However – I would watch footbal if the pitches were littered with live mines! That would be sport!

tjr666
    Free Member

Dylan08 +1

Bl00dy hate football and all that goes with it.

ianv
    Free Member

Distance running
    Judo
    Fencing
    Competition climbing

Stuff like curling etc I do not classify as sport

AndyRT
    Free Member

I have to agree, football should be put into room 101, and then the room should be ejected from Planet Earth with a radio signal, in every conceivable language permanently broadcasting a proclamation of utter boredom and ineptitude if anyone is stupid enough to remove Football from this cage floating in outer space.

molgrips
    Free Member

Football can be great. You can't say that half the nation would have their hearts in their mouths during penalty shoot-outs in an intrinsically boring sport… The 4-yearly spectacle has to be the most nerves I've ever felt whilst not being in mortal danger, and I'm not even a football fan 🙂

The problem with it is the likelihood of boring league games is quite high, which is a shame.

And I love curling. Tense, exciting, tactical.. just because it's fashionable to bash minority sports doesn't mean their actually bad.

molgrips
    Free Member

3) anything that takes 4-5 days to produce 'a draw'

Cricket is the only game where a draw can be an exciting result. I maintain anyone with an understanding of the concept of sport could not have failed to get excited during the Cardiff Ashes match which was a spectacular draw 🙂

GrahamS

Pulling 7G at 140km/h and crashing with only some lycra to protect you.

Yeah, dull 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

You can make any sport sound rubbish by using suitably derogatory language. I mean, who the hell would want to get on a bike and struggle through mud for four hours just to ride round in a big bloody circle? What a waste of time!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Rugby (Boot it out to touch, penalty, boot it out to touch, penalty, kick for goal and repeat)

Ten pin bowling (Bowl, strike, bowl, strike, bowl strike, bowl one pin left standing, bowl hit it and repeat)

F1 (Lap, lap, lap, lap, overtake, lap, lap, lap, lap, pit, lap, lap, zzzzzzz and repeat)

Caher

any 3 that is not rugby or football.

jimster
    Free Member

Mountain Biking
    Surfing
    Triathlon

The first two I do and the third I'm training to do one, but to sit down and watch them? No way José

john_drummer
    Free Member

I fully understand the concept of sport and how 5 day cricket match can end in a draw. I just don't find it interesting to watch

Meanwhile, I love watching football, especially when my favourite third division team comes up against the overpaid primadonnas of the Premier League and matches, or better still, beats them!

MOT!

molgrips
    Free Member

Rugby (Boot it out to touch, penalty, boot it out to touch, penalty, kick for goal and repeat)

20 years ago when wathing England, maybe. Now it's mostly tackle, recycle, throw it around, tackle, break, run, score! Exciting 🙂

jimmy

Darts is TV gold – fat sweaty athletes, pissed up crowd, wideboy commentators. Darts was made for TV. TV was made for darts.

Jimmyyyy you requiiiire… a coat!

aracer
    Free Member

Biathlon (XC Skiing & rifle shooting) Pointless pursuit unless you are in the Russian Army.

I can only assume you've never watched it properly – or maybe only watched the individual (which is a time trial and the most boring form), as you're so wrong! Your comments about the Russian army would tend to back that up, given there's only one Russian in the current top 10. I challenge you to watch a mass start or a pursuit and find it boring.

Not like I even compete in Biathlon – or am ever likely to. I do compete at a low level in XC skiing, and if you'd put that down as a boring sport to watch then I wouldn't argue at all, since a lot of the races are about as boring to watch as a cycling time trial – even the mass starts aren't exactly a thrill a minute. But biathlon is totally different. Got a satellite dish for Eurosport to watch the cycling, but the dish has been U/S for most of the summer – only got round to fixing it in time for the biathlon season.

GrahamS

Biathlon could be made far more exciting if they had to ski and shoot at each other or a Britsh agent armed only with a handgun.

uplink
    Free Member

Cycling
    Golf
    Snooker

AndyP
    Free Member

Pulling 7G at 140km/h and crashing with only some lycra to protect you.

Yeah, dull
    I don;t think anyone claimed it was dull to do. But to watch? Almost as bad as F1.

akira

I misread the title as 'The three most boring sport watches'.
    Haven't come up with my top three yet!

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Swimming
    Motor "sports"
    Poker

Any sport where you need to see the winning time to tell the difference between the world champion and a schoolboy is boring.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Well said 2retro4u – skiing racing is certainly like that.

Sports where the opposition can't directly affect what you do tend to be a bit dull in my opinion.

mooman
    Free Member

Talking about similar thing today. One of the boys offered me a biking dvd. He obviously knew I did a bit on the mtb and road bike – He looked quite surprised when I told him I`d rather watch paint dry..

heres my list of most boring sports to watch.

Golf
    Cricket
    cycling
    F1
    Tennis
    Horse racing or jumping
    Athletics
    MMA .. two roiders groping and wrestling each other …..

waynekerr
    Free Member

I'll watch any sport, love football, golf, darts, womens beach volleyball etc. I find some athletics like 5000m boring, but if it has a Brit in it who has a chance, then I'd watch.

Only sport I draw the line at is cricket.

Some interesting responses – never thought cricket would feature as often!

Test matches are a joke, I remember hearing not too long ago, a match had been won by England because it was raining, raining FFS, get real.

Oh sailing's pretty crap too.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh sailing's pretty crap too.

I give you boring sailing – OK so it's not thrill a minute from the start, but it's worth waiting!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Cricket
    Golf
    Nascar

AndyP
    Free Member

I remember hearing not too long ago, a match had been won by England because it was raining, raining FFS, get real.
    memory FAIL. It might have been drawn because it was raining, but not won.
    Weather, huh? Football matches were recently affected by the snow and ice…the national CX championships likewise.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I remember hearing not too long ago, a match had been won by England because it was raining, raining FFS, get real.
    memory FAIL. It might have been drawn because it was raining, but not won.
    Weather, huh? Football matches were recently affected by the snow and ice…the national CX championships likewise.

Ok memory fail, but that's because it is of little interest to me, but did it not mean England won the Ashes or something.
    If a football match is affected by weather, it gets replayed unless there is something like 10mins to go & one team is clearly leading by a few goals, but I don't know of that happening. I've seen F1 being cut short due to rain & the leader awarded the race, & golf, again the leader being credited with the win, but that is in the case of extreme weather where it is unsafe, unplayable. In cricket it's a case of, this shower may last till lunchtime, we want a draw.
    Oh & what kind of sport stops for lunch.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘3 most Boring Sports to Watch!’ is closed to new replies.