Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3 mobile, signal problems?
  • barty81
    Free Member

Hi, anyone experiencing a drop in phone signal and internet connectivity in the last day or so with 3? Mine and my wife’s galaxy s4 are struggling to do anything at moment

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Should have got an IPhone 😉

No issues my way. It’s usually area (mast) specific anyway.

Have you checked the Three coverage issues site.

barty81
    Free Member

the phone worked flawlessly before, since wednesday its decided to pack up as well as my wifes

wwaswas

you might need to be more specific about location.

The fact it’s two phones probably indicates a problem with local masts rather than your phone.

Do 3 have a coverage issues page?

poonprice
    Free Member

As mentioned above, most likely mast issue. Either sit it out or report it. I have heard that 3 can be a little slow in fixing smaller mast sites tho 🙁

djflexure

Happened to us last month when they repaired the local mast. Ask for a refund, they gave us one.

prawny

Fine here in brum, posting this from my phone ont train.

barty81
    Free Member

location kings lynn, norfolk

allthegear
    Free Member

Five bar signal on king street, kings lynn at the moment.

Rachel

tacopowell
    Free Member

Should have got an IPhone

Did and I’m currently having issues with network 3 signal.
    Always been pretty poor but yes in response to the OP, I’m having to turn my phone on and off all the time to pick up reception.

I find many iPhone fans to be a tad delusional, believing what they pay for is far superior to the competition, after using different Android handsets recently, I will be switching to a S4 or HTC One, much higher quality products,
    But of course it’s all a matter of opinion.
    Saying that its a fact that Three is a terrible network.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes
    Moved house 6 weeks ago and coverage indoors is very poor
    Phoned three they confirmed no mast issues and offered me either a signal booster (that uses my home broadband allowances) or £7 a month discount (on a £30 tariff) for the 18 months left on my contract
    I still get a signal its just not great so I went for the discount
    All very easy civilised and helpful
    …unlike when the wife phoned Orange with same issue and their response was ‘nothing else we can do try turn off your 3G on your phone’!! (Unsurprisingly it didn’t help)

stumpy01

I’m near Peterborough, so not that far from Kings Lynn and not noticed any issues with Three reception.

tacopowell – Member

How so?
    Moved to them from T-Mobile (who I moved to from Vodafone). Three reception seems no worse than either of those for voice calls and the 3G reception is loads better than on T-Mobile/Orange/EE whatever it’s called these days. Didn’t use 3G really on Voda so can’t comment on their reception.
    And their prices seem a lot more competitive than the competition.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d beg to differ. I use my 3 phone in the house tethering the 3G signal, which way exceeds (10-14Mb/s) the BT broadband. I’ve just returned from a filming tour of the UK and, apart from poor internet speeds in Nottingham center, my network was almost always excellent. The three other guys were on EE 4G, O2 and Vodafone – all three were constantly moaning about their lack of connection, especially the Vodafone which seemed to be unable to make it out of the ‘E’ coverage for the whole trip.

As far as 3’s customer service goes, my limited experiences have only ever been satisfactory. I also received a token refund when they had local mast issues for a few days. I’m sure that other people have had trouble with the company/network, but my service from them both here and in Ireland has been consistently good.

allthegear
    Free Member

yeah – got to say that I have been really impressed with the Three 3G coverage – far better than other providers I have tried.

I was driving around the country a lot during the Ashes a few weeks ago and my iPhone sat almost constantly connected to the car via bluetooth and happily playing Test Match Special on 5 Live. Yes, there were occasional dropouts but not long enough for Australia to do any real damage… 😉

Rachel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3 mobile, signal problems?’ is closed to new replies.