Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • 3 days holiday = 11 days off work
  • duntmatter
    Free Member

the HR dept put out a message to try and quell the demand and optimism.

Is every HR dept in existence just stuffed full of complete tools?

MrOvershoot

duntmatter – Member

the HR dept put out a message to try and quell the demand and optimism.

Is every HR dept in existence just stuffed full of complete tools?
    Yes

TBH the day the RW was announced 99% of the workforce worked out the time off/days booked permutation, it took HR & our Directors till New Year to work out & issue a threatening directive to managers not to allow any more off than usual over that period!
    Funny that we have been managing the holidays in this way for years without issue & they never notice 🙄

emma82
    Free Member

I get the extra bank holiday so booked the other days in between and we are off to france for 10 days. Heading down south, not likely to be a lot of cool x country riding but there are beaches and the other half is especially excited because the lady on the brochure for the area we are heading to had her boobies out.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Booked them off on my first day back,this year.

nickname
    Free Member

Might not be allowed, got to cover ‘n all that 🙁

Supposedly the managers have been discussing it quite a bit 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Requests now require director sign off, but I have extenuating circumstances due to the demands of a project. Got my request in early – 7 paid days off equating to 21 consecutive non-working days – oh glee! I’m going biking…..

Gower
    Brechfa
    Doethie
    Black Mountains
    Long Mynd

That will do for starters.

steviedog
    Free Member

I’d got these days booked off before the new year and before most at work realised it was possible to get 11 days straight for the cost of 3 days annual.

When everyone else started putting them in there was a bit of an uproar because of folks like me ‘getting in first’. It was decided that names would be drawn of a hat to decide upon those having to come in to cover minimum staffing levels.

Guess who has now have to come in the 3 days. 🙄

I was going to use 2 flexi days off too, so it would have only ‘cost’ me 1 day annual leave. 🙁

Oh well.

jonb
    Free Member

I booked them off the day after it was announced. I had no plans at the time but it’s easier to cancel them than to wait and see. Probably going to be doing some decorating, cycling and walking in Northumbria. Going to try and stay away from travelling as much as possible. There will be strikes, traffic jams, crowds etc. It’s ages since I’ve had some time off with no real plans so I’m looking forward to relaxing. We are also planning a wedding so the TV will be off in case she gets too many ideas.

d4
    Free Member

We moved our LEJOG, to that week before the extra BH was anounced. Defo a result for us.

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t care, with everyone else off on holiday that week, work will be a doss anyway :mrgreen:

Edric64
    Free Member

And next year it is the Queen’s diamond jubilee so another extra day…

Unless she croaks first

In which case it’s one for the funeral instead ,followed by another for big ear’s coronation

aracer
    Free Member

3 days holiday = 11 days off work

Not for me.

No – I get 12 days off for 2 days holiday.

Of course strictly speaking I have to take 6 days holiday, and I only get 3.2 days of the 4 days of B/Hs added onto my leave allowance (only an extra 0.8 of a day).

I very much doubt there will be any rationing of holiday over that period at my place, given we don’t have to have anybody in, and it makes sense for lots of people to be off together (lots of people would be out that week anyway). I suspect I might just content myself with a couple of 5 day weekends though. Do so many people on here work somewhere there has to be staff in every day, or are employers just being awkward?

RealMan
    Free Member

Only got the whole of April off here.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup I booked 7 days off in November last year giving me 17 days off in row. I only have 36 days plus 9 days bank holidays this year :). to make matters worse I’m leaving in august so I’m using all 8 weeks off between now and then. Pretty much working 3 weeks and then a week off. I’ll get stung for the 4 months holiday allocation I’ll if used without working it but I’ve already factored that in.

Xylene
    Free Member

Lucky people.

The royal wedding falls in my easter holidays, so I don’t get the extra day off………but the governors have agreed to let us take it some other time – so I think we have it mid May now as another long weekend.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not so good round our way, the kids are at school tues to thurs that week so as holiday time is quite limited i need to take mine during school holiday times

me too.

Originally had the 3 days booked for a DIY onslaught but then though that it would be really nice and quiet in work so decided to cancel.

Working them 3 days will be bliss and waste of 3 days off IMO

D0NK

Chances are I’ll be on paternity soooo thats an extra day of feeding, changing nappies and sleep deprivation.
    Joy.

😉

yoshimi

Is that number 2 Donk?

BTW, yep I’ve booked it off too – Mrs Yosh is a teacher and felt hard done to that I was going to be off work when she’s not….epic rides ahead 🙂

Sandwich

Phil it’s AWESOME not awesome. 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

dammit, you’re right. i’d like to apologise to everyone for not using the appropriate block capitols. i was getting a lot of messages from someone on facebook who ended every message with something annoying like “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMTING” so i subconsciously avoided using it on reflection.

i will work hard to regain my AWESOMNESS by throwing some lolcats about the place 😀

D0NK

Is that number 2 Donk?

and last, yep 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

The royal wedding falls in my easter holidays, so I don’t get the extra day off………but the governors have agreed to let us take it some other time – so I think we have it mid May now as another long weekend.

Presumably because you don’t get enough holiday already?

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘3 days holiday = 11 days off work’ is closed to new replies.