Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • 3 days holiday = 11 days off work
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

How many folk are planning to take the 3 days between Easter and the royal wedding off work? Just 3 days from my annual allowance gives 11 days off work. It seems foolish to not do it. Or will the entire country be on holiday that week?

Milkie
    Free Member

Good Shout! 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

I guess an awful lot of people will be off that week but hey, it’s not like you HAVE to go to the honeypots of the Lakes or the Peak – go somewhere quiet.

I’m thinking Northumberland or maybe Sutherland.

Won’t be booking flights, though. If I ran a union, I’d definitely plan a strike over that week…

Rachel

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thomthumb
    Free Member

5 days leave and 17 days off!! 😯

was thinking about doing some cycling

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Great for employees – a right mother of a screw up for us small businesses – our productivity is going to be way down in April and May (Easter, Royal Wedding, May Day, Spring Bank) – already got everyone wanting to book holidays around then.

votchy
    Free Member

Not so good round our way, the kids are at school tues to thurs that week so as holiday time is quite limited i need to take mine during school holiday times 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What holiday for the royal wedding? Your employer is under no obligation to give yo this day as a holiday. Infact I am certain mine won’t be.

allthegear
    Free Member

I am certain mine will be. Just thought I’d share that one with you… 😀

Rachel

andytherocketeer

Time it right and move to Germany in May (after 2nd though, cos it’ll be a bank holiday Sunday this yr). And then make good use of the 3 long weekends which this year fall in June. 2x 4-day weekends and a 3-day weekend 🙂

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I cant wait I’ve got 20 days off in April now…>GET IN

5lab

i’ve got 7 days leave, 17 days off work. Off to Indonesia to get some waves 🙂

leggyblonde
    Free Member

TJ, this applies to many people though:

“Where an employment contract provides for “x days holiday plus bank holidays” then an employee will be entitled to the royal wedding bank holiday next year in addition to the usual eight bank holidays.”

bigyinn
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

What holiday for the royal wedding? Your employer is under no obligation to give yo this day as a holiday. Infact I am certain mine won’t be.
    You really do like to piss on everyones chips dont you TJ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

My employer may or may not be under any obligation but they have already confirmed we have it off.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’m in

As my own employer I can get f***ed if I think I’m having any time off – sue me. 😕

Dibbs
    Free Member

My shift pattern gives me 14 days off for 4 shifts booked off anyway 🙄

KonaTC

Booked weeks ago 🙂

psling
    Free Member

You’re probably too late! Those dates were would have been snapped up at any ‘1st come, 1st served’ place of employment as soon as the “Public Holiday by Royal Declaration” was announced 😕 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Unlucky TJ…

Most employers this side of the border are putting it down as a bank holiday..

And yes, I intend to do the whole 3 day off thing.. 🙂

crazy-legs

Yep, I got in early and booked them. As it is I’m actually working at event in Scotland over Easter so it gives me the excuse to just stay up there until May 3rd, as far away from Royal Wedding stuff as possible.

And yes, my employer is giving everyone that B/H off. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Doing LEJOG with the time….

mintimperial

Oh ****. I’ve only just realised that my son’s nursery will be closed on all those days, no extra riding for me. I hate bank holidays. I hope it absolutely wees it down for the whole fortnight. Bah.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

booked mine ages ago, off to Turkey 🙂

a right mother of a screw up for us small businesses

I don’t buy this, yes you might have 1 bad month, but it’s 3 days people can’t take at another time of the year, so you should have 11 slightly better months.

twinklydave

Nope. I’m going into work as everyone else will be off, so it’ll be nice and quiet 8)

Torminalis
    Free Member

Booked weeks ago, also mischievously informed everyone else in the office that 3 days holiday = 11 days straight and the HR dept put out a message to try and quell the demand and optimism.

Torminalis: 1; HR Dept: 0;

Drac

a right mother of a screw up for us small businesses

Mean while many other small business will cash in on the extra bank holiday and selling chintz.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“What holiday for the royal wedding? Your employer is under no obligation to give yo this day as a holiday.”

you sure Teej – even ive got it ! – i only get christmas, boxing day and new year+2nd as statuatory holidays … and we dont get something if we aint entitled to it ….

cynic-al
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Nice point-scoring but in reality a lot of people WILL get the day off.

philconsequence
    Free Member

no extra day off for me…. but i’m awesome so it doesnt matter

robbo1234biking

My manager has decided that we will go on shutdown for the week. He said it isnt worth opening as people wont be focussed on a 3day week, lots of people were requesting it etc so just decided it was better to shut down.

Again he said he wasnt obliged to give the holiday but people are only going to begrudge you if you dont which doesnt help morale anyway

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So those of you getting the day off – are you getting an extra day or is it jusat being moved from another day?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mean while many other small business will cash in on the extra bank holiday and selling chintz.

True

And next year it is the Queen’s diamond jubilee so another extra day…

michaelbowden

Extra day off here, my contract is for x day plus BH’s.

Even if your contract stated x day’s including BH you are entitled to the day off, but it will come out of your holiday entitlement.

dazzlingboy

So those of you getting the day off – are you getting an extra day or is it jusat being moved from another day?

Completely unscientific poll held at the weekend with riding buddies working from public/government/private/self employed you name it. Everyone taking it. This exact question also came up. Everyone getting it as a one off extra day – not deducted elsewhere.

Raindog
    Free Member

Booked 7 days off for 17 days away within five minutes of the wedding being announced on the BBC 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well I booked those 3 days a couple of weeks ago. I spotted it coming!

To be honest though, it’s BLOODY STUPID having all the BHs in the Spring so close together. Why the HELL couldn’t they have moved one to the flippin’ Summer?????????????

Fools.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

PP, it’ll only be raining in the Summer anyway

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ll bet mine doesn’t give it as holiday.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Any extra day off for me…

So that’s 28 Days + 9 Bank Holidays then next year..

🙂

Result.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘3 days holiday = 11 days off work’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts