Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 3-day / 2-night walking or cycling route recomendations
  • BlobOnAStick

Hi,

Me and my son recently completed our first bivvy night together. He wants to do it again, but possibly make it a 2-night job.

So, I’m after recomendations for a 3-day walk (could be cycle, but I don’t know how he’d get on with a loaded bike – he’s 11) so that we could bivvy out for the 2 nights.

I guess he’ll not be up for large milage per day, so I guess around 30 miles might do it, although if it’s an exceptional route we might be able to push it a bit further.

Having a significant hill to climb might also give him something to focus on, but 3 days of scrambling would be out of the question. It would need to go near some civilisation at some point (food and water replenishment) but aside from that could be anywhere in the UK.

Many thanks in advance.

Ben

cynic-al
    Free Member

Half the fun is designing/planning one yourself…or with son?

Otherwise, I’d try narrowing it down a bit, your Q is a bit like ” best in the country?”

boxelder

I’d go for the Lakes. Any of the main towns allow you to get into the high fells in the centre and there are loads of bivi/camp spots. The density of RoW allow you to change plans easily and you’;re never more than an hour or so from a road. How about heading up to Priests Hole Cave and working out a route around there?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘3-day / 2-night walking or cycling route recomendations’ is closed to new replies.