Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 3/4 length padded undershort shout outs
  • kayak23

I’ve been struggling the last few rides with the pad seam on my 3/4 FDX Amazon shorts causing a lot of pain right up there in the feels…

I guess they’re ‘cheap’ shorts, costing about £25 but usually they’ve been fine..Not so lately.

Anyone got a go-to 3/4 length padded short recommendation? To be worn under mtb riding shorts.

I guess the seam has to go somewhere but it’s really bothering me lately. Maybe there’s something more minimal out there?

No bibs, the below is not a look I desire (no offence to the model 😉), no above the knee stuff (I actually use the extra length to go over my minimal D30 type knee pads and keep them secure)

Any shout outs?

lardman
    Free Member

Polaris do a good 3/4
    Most of mine are fox ones tho. Don’t rub for me.

kayak23

Are they quite minimal seams?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lardman
    Free Member

Yes, but it’s the way the seams cross as more diagonals, rather than straight up in squares that makes them quite comfy.

roger_mellie

You know you can wear a top over the bibs so no-one knows you’re wearing them don’t you? 😉

slowoldman

I never understand the “no bibs” demand. You wear a jersey over the top so the look is irrelevant. They are much more comfortable than shorts, especially under other shorts.

damascus
    Free Member

never understand the “no bibs” demand. You wear a jersey over the top so the look is irrelevant. They are much more comfortable than shorts, especially under other shorts.

This!

kayak23

Because when I want a wazz, I want it quick..and no…hell no.

Let’s not turn this into a bib-in. I’m just after comfortable shorts. I have no issue with the waist, just the seams.on the pad 😊👍

Pyro

I have a pair of Endura Extracts and they’re pretty good.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-xtract-gel-knicker-ii/

damascus
    Free Member

Because when I want a wazz, I want it quick..and no…hell no.

Try the alpkit ones, they have a low front so it’s easy to have a “wazz”

These have been better than all the other bibs I’ve tried. They are also on sale at just £45.

Rhythm Elite 3/4 Bib Tight [Mens]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘3/4 length padded undershort shout outs’ is closed to new replies.