Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 3.0 Maxxis Chronicle alternatives.
  • Premier Icon Davesport

The Chronicles on my Orbea Loki are showing their age. They’re fast rolling & the perfect tyre for the use this bike gets. Chronicles are discontinued so I’m looking for an alternative. Something similar, fast rolling with a shallow tread.

Recommendations please.

TIA Dave.

Premier Icon tuboflard

I’ve replaced Chronicles on my 29+ singlespeed with Teravail Coronado’s. Only 2.8 but very fast rolling and a great alternative. Don’t feel like the loss of width is a problem either, still plenty of volume.

Premier Icon boxwithawindow

Try vittoria bomboloni, I bought a new pair for £80 not long ago.

Premier Icon fudge9202
    Free Member

Dave you can get Chronicles in Poland

Premier Icon hummerlicious
    Free Member

+1 for the Coronado’s, they work really well and seem to be good alternative

Premier Icon Davesport

Cheers, checking out the options :o)

I’ve replaced Chronicles on my 29+ singlespeed with Teravail Coronado’s. Only 2.8 but very fast rolling and a great alternative. Don’t feel like the loss of width is a problem either, still plenty of volume.

Checking.

Checking these also.

Dave you can get Chronicles in Poland

Aye, I had a look but the postage is 16 quid. I’m Scottish, goes against the grain paying that for delivery :o)

Premier Icon tuboflard

Coronado’s aren’t cheap I’m afraid. But don’t mind paying if they last and don’t make the bike crap.

Premier Icon supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Minion dhf in 3.0.

They’re great!

Premier Icon tuboflard

Yeah Minions are epic for grip but somewhat fail the fast rolling test! I have them on the bike in winter but couldn’t face dragging them year round.

Premier Icon honeybadgerx

Just sold a spare Chronicle I had to Wombat of this parish. Never really got on with them myself, much prefer a WTB Ranger.

Premier Icon djflexure
    Free Member

Mezcal 2.6 seem decent
    I got a pair for just under £60

Premier Icon fudge9202
    Free Member

Dave I think I get 12.5% off from them in Poland I’ll check my emails

Premier Icon andyg1966

I went with Rekon 29×2.8 to replace my 3.0 Chronicles. Very pleased.

Premier Icon Davesport

Many thanks for all the great suggestions. Bombolonis ordered from ebay, 29 quid an end delivered. The Chronicles I liked a lot, bit lacking I outright grip but fast rolling which was a saviour on long days out.

Cheers for the heads-up.

Premier Icon addy6402

Bomboloni or Bonty XR2 if you want fast and low RR….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.