Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2×10
  • timberjack
    Free Member

want to change my bike t 2×10, going to put a bash ring on instead of the big ring and shorten the chain, as i only use the small ring and still struggle on steep stuff and i have never had it in the big ring can anyone see any reason to change the ratio’s it is an 11-36 cassette and a 22 small and 32 middle ring, cheers

Andy-R

Well, for my use, I’d leave it as it is but others might replace the 32 with a 34 or 36.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d leave it be. Once the chain/cassette/middle ring are worn out try a 34t instead. I found 36-22 too big a difference to shift well, it worked but not like 32-22 did.

julzm
    Free Member

I’ve had xt 2×10 on my two most recent bikes, both with 26/38t. If I could have it however I wanted I have 36/26 or 24 so agree with others that you should probably add a few teeth to the main ring.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Where are you riding that is so steep?

timberjack
    Free Member

In the lake district this week, the bike is an orange 5 and i am a 15 stone 49 year old so it doesn’t have to be that steep for me to struggle

tomaso
    Free Member

2×10 or even 9 has been all I’ve use in the Lakes of 5 years. Got sick of smacking teeth off the big ring…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2×10’ is closed to new replies.