• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 2×10 Xtr 10 speed or Sram xx1. Help me decide
  • downhilldave

As above, totalled my 9 speed Xtr rear mech, the chain, cassette and chain rings are tired. It’s £lots more for the Sram is it worth it? 😐

Northwind

Is your hub XX1 compatible?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Answer = No. SRAM too bling.

Go XT for most stuff and XTR for shifters.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Do a clutch mech up in there too! (Whatever that means.)

Northwind

Oh aye- see if you can try before you buy, XTR shifters feel absolutely horrible to me- XT and Saint are nice though.

ska-49
    Free Member

I’d personally go for XTR because the replacement parts are cheaper, its a proven system and I love XTR shifters. XTR will also give you a better range and only weighs a tiny amount more..

If money was no issues I think I’d still get XTR. The freehub body for a ProII will set you back an additional £65. It all adds up..

nickc

Hmmmm, I’d call my new XTR shifters….clunky. The action is positive ( especially with the clutch engaged…lovely lovely clutch) and definitely push button, but not a super slick smooth as I’d been led to believe. But they say XTR on them so I still do a little dance of joy. Obviously

onandon
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Oh aye- see if you can try before you buy, XTR shifters feel absolutely horrible to me- XT and Saint are nice though.

Thank god I’m not the only one. I couldn’t stand the 10 speed XTR shifters.

downhilldave

Woh, that was quick. Got Pro2 evo’s so no probs on the wheel front 😀

downhilldave

Woh, that was quick. Got Pro2 evo’s so no probs on the wheel front 😀 running all Xtr at the mo, with a Raceface Sixc crank set. Are the 9 & 10 speed Xtr shifters that different as I don’t mind them. Deffo want a clutch rear mech. Love the idea of losing a shifter. How durable is the Xx1 ?

speedstar

Have some XX cranks for sale if you’re interested. 650g or so. I’ve got al SRAM on my bikes and so far it’s been fine. Saying that I have Shimano on my road bikes and they’ve also stayed the course. I think it depends how much you mistreat them tbh.

maxtorque

Personally i’m amazed that anyone could “hate” their shifters? Mine? No idea, I just press a Button and the gears change! Is Blue better than Red? Or 4 better than 6? Nope, no idea either!

jimification
    Free Member

XX1 looks great to me but are you willing to spend £300 every time you need a new cassette?

Dave
    Free Member

Depends how often the cassette needs changing…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

my 10spd XTR shifters certainly aren’t as slick as my 9spd XTR shifters (which are officially the best ever).

If I was getting a full new drivetrain I’m not sure I’d go 10spd…

downhilldave

Thanks for the help guys, decided on 2×10 Xtr.Seems a waste to sell my Raceface Sixc crankset. All now ordered. Going to strip my frame and get it off to Triple S for powder coating on Monday. :mrgreen:

br
    Free Member

XX1 looks great to me but are you willing to spend £300 every time you need a new cassette?

If it lasts as long as a normal cassette, which I can get 3 chains through, then it’d be about 8 months for me…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘2×10 Xtr 10 speed or Sram xx1. Help me decide’ is closed to new replies.