Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2x dropper lever for BrandX Ascend II
  • pipm1
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve just ordered my first dropper post, a BrandX Ascend II. I run 2x and it will come with a 1x-style lever. I’ve found the Bontrager Drop Line Universal Lever one that might work with it. The Bonty lever says “Nipple on the lever end”. Is that the right end to work with the Ascend II, and should it be an OK lever to use with it?

Thanks for any input.

🙂

Edit: Actually the separate BrandX lever is only £3 more than the Bonty one (inc. postage), probably the better idea.
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-ascend-lever-kit-paddle-2x-3x-gears-/rp-prod150119

kiwijohn

Internal or external?
    Ive got a PNW external, which is just an over priced Brand x & it has the nipple at the post end.

stevextc
    Free Member

Which end is the nipple on? Internal ones are at the post end.
    I need a new 1x that takes a nipple so if you’r does happy to split the difference and buy your 1x off you.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d go for the Brand X lever anyway – it’s a much nicer thing to use than the Bontrager one. The lever is a nicer shape, but it is also spring loaded so if the cable’s a bit stiff it returns nicely while the Bontrager one isn’t.

lovewookie

before you do this. I bought a brand x dropper, the 27.2 version that comes with the lever in your link.

if you want it, PM me, it’s sat spare as I got a ZTTO one.

edit, tag the right person @pipm1

pipm1
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

It’s the external one.
    I’d like to keep the 1x version as I may go 1x at some point.
    lovewookie, PM incoming!

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2x dropper lever for BrandX Ascend II’ is closed to new replies.