Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • 2Souls QH 2013
  • Atomizer

OrangeJohn YGM

crimargia
    Free Member

Marco (29er Racing Team, powered by 2Souls) was injured in winter 12/13.

2012, Bavarian DH Championship:

2012 Sp. Enduro Series in Germany, Treuchtlingen:

But now, 2013: he is back again 😀

more pictures from Riva, Lago di Gardo, Sp. Enduro Series:

Training day before the race:

m

mrmoofo

Humour me – what makes them worth nearly 1000 GBP ..
    Quality of build?
    Ride?
    Exclusivity – is it a Yeti thing?

crimargia
    Free Member

Custom Color, with the new Slider plates (12x142mm) and 2Souls axle

m

crimargia
    Free Member

crimargia
    Free Member

QH 2013, Size L

crimargia
    Free Member

QH, XL, “raw”

m

Candodavid
    Free Member

Humour me – what makes them worth nearly 1000 GBP ..
    Quality of build?
    Ride?
    Exclusivity – is it a Yeti thing?

Build quality is typically Germanic so high attention to detail
    Ride is just fantastic, so planted in any situation, just makes you want to take the more technical lines whenever possible.
    I can’t comment on a Yeti thing, but it is my bike of choice at the moment, puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

crimargia
    Free Member

by: Erik

crimargia
    Free Member

QH XL from W., Bavaria:

m

Rik
    Free Member

Are they making a Ti version of this? wonder when it’s out and for how much 😯

crimargia
    Free Member

@Rik: spy shot

Gotama
    Free Member

Crimargia,

I notice you guys do a rolling chassis in the quarterhorse, would you be able to break that down further to just Trace fork, headset and frame? Email in profile if that’s easier.

Rik
    Free Member

Saw that photo of the Ti dropouts a while back. When is the frame due in full?

crimargia
    Free Member

@Gotama + all: I do post here from time to time some pictures, because I am simply proud of our product. But I don´t want to abuse this platform for advice and sales. Questions, advice: md@2soulscycles.com

@Rik: june. All parts are laying here and are ready to be mounted. Proto will be build in size L – my frame size :mrgreen:

Rik
    Free Member

Oooooo…..June. Nice.

Large would be my size too 😀

Gotama
    Free Member

Ok no problems, will drop you a mail although i’ve now noticed it’s the Tower on the rolling chassis rather than the Trace so may not work.

I’m not sure i even want to see the Ti version as it could be my dream bike but i shudder to think of the cost 😀

crimargia
    Free Member

@Gotama and all: the QH in steel in the 2013 version is simply perfect. There is no reason to go for Ti, but Ingo (constructor) is working with steel now for so many years – he was simply interested in going new ways. Further, we´re bored about discussing all the time about frame weight, that´s another point. (Funnily enough, we only discuss this point with poeple, who didn´t had a chance to ride a QH – everyone who took a ride, did not talk ever again about frame weight :wink:)

At the moment, I am simply excited, if the Ti version has the same skills like the steel version on the trail. When we won´t be convinced after having ridden it the next weeks, the frame won´t come. Also, the 29er Racing Team from Martin will test the ti frame:

Pictures from saturday two weeks ago; Racing team training on our home trails, pictures by Erik (thank you, Erik!):

Our (few) Trace (fine fork)are sold out at the moment , therefore the Tower (2Souls specification) is meanwhile named in the shop.

We are discussing since a while to order more Trace (good value for the money, fine axle, nothing wrong with it) or if we will go for the pike (lovely, but more expensive). We are such a small company (three guys, living their dream), we can not afford a huge inventory.

m

Clink

My Slim Jim is back 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member

Better start abusing it now you’ve got it bak 😈

crimargia
    Free Member

crimargia
    Free Member

mattjg
    Free Member

I like the look of these but am a bit confused on the differences between the SlimJim and Quaterhorse … what does it come down to?

(and do they have a ‘steel feel’ ride?)

Clink

Same geo. SlimJim only room for 2.25 rear tyre (although you could fit a bigger one in with drops further back) and 27.2mm seatpost.

accu
    Free Member

mattig, real difference is just the tyre width and seatpost diameter..
    geo is exactly the same..
    the limited SJ frames have a different joke/BB solution that means you can`t run a broad tyre (2.4) with the wheelbase adjustement in the shortest position…
    and most of the SJ frames spec a 27.2 seatpost..but some are reamed to 30.9..for a dropper post..
    the QH has 31.6 seatpost diameter and 2.4 tyres fit with sliders in the shortest position..

and for me , both have a real “steel feel” ride…
    just switching from an SJ frame to QH…but really liked the flex of a long 27,2 seatpost on my SJ..

too late with my post… 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

thx both, so SJ is more XC/ST, light ‘trail’ and QH is full on AM capable?

I think I’d have phrased my question as “what kinds of riding are they meant for?”.

I’ll never ride a bike without a dropper again but as it happens I have both sized droppers and for my Surrey Hills XC and trail riding, a 2.25 tyre is plenty. I’m not super heavy and don’t do big hucks, I suspect a SJ could do nicely.

Good to know they feel steely, that’s what I would be looking for if I moved from my Yelli Screamy.

So the SJ is more limited in tyre and dropper – what’s the payback for that?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

so SJ is more XC/ST, light ‘trail’ and QH is full on AM capable?

no – exactly the same type of riding – SJ was a limited production run that was cheaper

SJ

crimargia
    Free Member

roverpig

How does that leather “decal” survive getting muddy/wet and then washed every ride?

messiah
    Free Member

650b 2Souls 😯

Rik
    Free Member

Is that’s the Ti one – up there ^^^^ two photos up

househusband

Is that’s the Ti one – up there ^^^^ two photos up

According to 2Souls on Flickr it’s the ‘QH X-12 Proto’ – doesn’t say anything about it being titanium.

Clink

They are doing a ti proto

chunkypaul
    Free Member

2Souls QH Titan

now – whick kidney do i sell?

crimargia
    Free Member

QH Ti, size L (picture by Erik L.)

winch
    Free Member

Nice.

Jonny5
    Free Member

The Ti version does look really nice. Sorry but this is possibly a dumb question but is the seat tube sealed at the bottom? Just curious. Tempted to wait for the ceramic version to come in Large.

Clink

Sorry but this is possibly a dumb question but is the seat tube sealed at the bottom?

no it’s not

crimargia
    Free Member

crimargia
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘2Souls QH 2013’ is closed to new replies.