• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 2nd Vaccine and NHS APP?
  • Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

My first vaccination is shown on the app, but I just got my 2nd one this morning and its not showing yet.
    Does it take a while to propagate?

Premier Icon poly
    Free Member

NHS say 48 hrs

Premier Icon Tracey

Mine took a couple of days before it appeared

Premier Icon stumpy01

As soon as it’s locked onto your white blood cells it should activate the 5g signal & update the app automatically.
    If your phone is only 4g, then it will resort to Bluetooth after a 5g time-out period, which will then also update the app. You might have to balance the phone on your forehead for a while to get this to work as bluetooth range is shorter than 5g.

Or, it might just take a while for the information to filter through the system & the app to confirm you’ve been jabbed a second time. 🙂

Premier Icon mrmo
    Free Member

As soon as it’s locked onto your white blood cells it should activate the 5g signal & update the app automatically.
    If your phone is only 4g, then it will resort to Bluetooth after a 5g time-out period, which will then also update the app. You might have to balance the phone on your forehead for a while to get this to work as bluetooth range is shorter than 5g.

Or, it might just take a while for the information to filter through the system & the app to confirm you’ve been jabbed a second time. 🙂

But you might blue screen and the only option then is a reboot. Or if you’re really unlucky you need to do a full reinstall of windows.

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

I was told to turn on bluetooth, wireless, gps and put it in the microwave on 1000w for 15 mins?

Thanks all. I’ll be a bit more patient…

Premier Icon Drac

Yeah it’s not instant.

Premier Icon Yak

Eh? I can’t see this anywhere on the app -android one. Have you apple lot got a fancier app?

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member
    Premier Icon sofaman

Assuming you have the “NHS App”, which is different to the “NHS Covid App”…

“Share your COVID-19 status” and “Check your COVID-19 vaccine record” should be on the front page, otherwise click the “Your health” button on the bottom toolbar.

And yes – took 24hrs to update 2nd vac on mine.

Premier Icon Yak

Aha – thanks.

Premier Icon Murray

You might have to balance the phone on your forehead

Luckily, it makes you magnetic
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/57207134

Premier Icon claudie

Brilliant stumpy, we’re driving to the peaks and both howling with laughter!

Premier Icon stumpy01

claudie
    Brilliant stumpy, we’re driving to the peaks and both howling with laughter!

I hope someone’s concentrating on the road!! 🙂

Premier Icon sc-xc

My first vaccination is shown on the app, but I just got my 2nd one this morning and its not showing yet.

Don’t worry. I can see from your IP address that you have received both vaccinations. We’ll be in touch.

Premier Icon trusty

I hadn’t seen that NHS app, however it’s only for people who’s GP is in England.

Premier Icon mrchrispy

have the government produced an app thats not shit??

I tried to book a 2nd jab through the official portal and the closet centre was 200 miles away 😐
    ended up at a local pharmacy doing walk-ups…much like my first.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a twee little bit of paper to arrive to confirm my Vaccine status ‘Because Wales’.

I suppose the upside is that having both jabs done at 41 is pretty rare for the UK.

Premier Icon bruneep

I’m waiting for a twee little bit of paper to arrive to confirm my Vaccine status ‘Because Wales’.

I got my bit paper today……because Scotland. Took an image of it and it on my phone now. Just why can’t have the app option?

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

I did not realise the NHS app was England only, apologies to you in the fair provinces.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

I got my bit paper today……because Scotland. Took an image of it and it on my phone now. Just why can’t have the app option?

The nuts and bolts of it are that the Government chose the NHS England app as their method of electronic ‘Vaccine Passport’ it does make sense, there is no equivalent NHS Wales app.

In fairness to the NHS App people, they have now made it just an ‘NHS App’ now, which has it’s own frustrations as instead of warning of “England only” (it’s politer than that) people from Wales, Scotland and NI can now use their NHS number to go through 4 or 5 short pages of information and THEN be told they can’t use it.

Techies are working on how to share data between the various systems whilst navigating the minefield that is GDPR with very, very sensitive data etc.

I have to Travel to France on the 23rd, the Lady who I spoke to about the form is reasonably confident that a) my form will arrive in time b) the app will be ready for the rest of us by then.

Other factors at play, our FM would rather no one in Wales left Wales for the time being, let alone outside the UK, and obviously the Anti-Mask, Covid denying, anti-Vaxx lot are crying into cornflakes fearing a ‘two tier society’ with Anti-Vaxxers being treated differently to sane people.

Premier Icon trusty

For all of you in Wales, did you get the letter automatically? I’ve had both my jabs, but done in England because of work (and because I live on the border) and no letter so far and I can’t use the app (because my GP is in Wales).

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

Ok App updated, I now show two vaccines!

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

For all of you in Wales, did you get the letter automatically? I’ve had both my jabs, but done in England because of work (and because I live on the border) and no letter so far and I can’t use the app (because my GP is in Wales).

No, you have to call 0300 303 5667 (once you get to the recorded message it 2, then 2 again if you’re an English speaker).

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.