Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • 2cv owners?
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

What is it with this mental schism? I have had loads of french and italian cars over the years (currently have a Panda HP100 and an Espace (2nd one))but have had 2cvs, Renault 4s, Alfa Suds, Alfa Sprints, X19s as well as all the 205 gtis and 306 gtis and a Fiat Multipla (my favourite ever car that I did 100,000miles in,) Had a Citroen GS and a CX GTi Turbo 2 but had to sell it because it couldn’t even manage 20mpg. Was impossible to go less than 80mph, even if you were reversing down the drive. Hilarious
    Never understood all the German fanboy stuff.
    In the process of buying a Citroen Mehari but have not told my wife yet. As a consequence there may be a few very decent bikes on the classifieds soon.

AlexSimon

Hicksy – posted this on Vimeo, but that’s a very impressive video.
    Watching the video, I was expecting the specs to be much more than they were – must all be down to driver skill!
    Impressive that the rest of the car is original – especially the brakes and suspension (as he seems to out-break everyone (or was that just the intimidation of seeing a black 2CV coming up in your mirror!).

This whole thread has been great. Love these real-world classics with character. I’ve only driven a 2CV a couple of times, and it was unforgettable – not many cars I can say that about.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’ve just watched that video – no way is that 2CV on original suspension.

Made me smile nevertheless 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Video was excellent. I foresee a night trawling small ads for a Dyane. 😀

RustySpanner

mcmoonter – Member

Video was excellent. I foresee a night trawling small ads for a Dyane.

Good luck with that!

Only about 250 registered in the UK according to How Many Left?

Wish I’d kept mine 😐

RustySpanner

mcmoonter – Member

Feeling the love for this!

Me too – that’s fantastic.

Nice nick too. 😀

Go on, you know you want to…..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

if Alan Clark approved that’s good enough a reason to own a 2CV

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2715221/When-a-2CV-beats-a-Ferrari.html

RustySpanner

I still find it amazing that the scruple free, rancid old Nazi was a Citroen fan.

Some good in everyone I suppose.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well Mrs Mikertroid utterly freaked when I suggested I was buying the Ami. Should have left it until I turned up at the door with it.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Don’t know where that sites gets its numbers from but there are far more than 250 dyanes left in the uk. There’s always a few for sale in the club magazine every month.

RustySpanner

pebblebeach – Member

Don’t know where that sites gets its numbers from but there are far more than 250 dyanes left in the uk. There’s always a few for sale in the club magazine every month.

From the Department of Transport.

I was surprised too.

matt_outandabout

My mum had a Renault 4 van – happy memories boucing round in the back inbetween all the books (voluntary local mobile library…!). Great thing to learn to drive on when you are 13…
    Brother also had a Citroen DS in desperate need of doing up. It sat in a mates garage for years, while he saved money to do it up. It still started and ran, but then he emigrated to NZ and left it with a good mate on the promise it would be done up…never heard if he did or not.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘2cv owners?’ is closed to new replies.