Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • 29uuuurgh
  • manitou
    Free Member

Well… Ive had a look at a couple of 29ers and I’m sorry they just look wrong. They just look like a slightly more attractive hybrid.
    However I realise I’m in the minority on here. I’m sticking to 26ers

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Have you ridden one?

manitou
    Free Member

no i havent. Im sure they ride ok.. they just look weird to me.

wwaswas

I’m sticking to 26ers but more because of the fact that I’m worried I’ll end up buying loads more kit if I try a 29er than from some aesthetic revulsion.

zippykona

Thank you for bringing that up and you are totally entitled to your opinion.
    I don’t like tomatoes. Anyone else not like something?

binners

However I realise I’m in the minority on here. I’m sticking to 26ers

Oh I wouldn’t sat that. We’re the silent majority. Well we were. I still am. But you’ve jettisoned your ‘silent’ bit by saying they’re shit.

The far-from-silent minority will now launch into you. Good luck!

Oh… I can’t stand hummus. Its like wallpaper paste

relliott6879
    Free Member

I spy a troll! Fair one though, they’re not for everyone. I’m undecided but will probably stay with a 26″ for the same reason as wwaswas.

zippykonaMember

I don’t like fish, seafood or lamb and I’m allergic to fresh ginger.

zippykona, is it the look of tomatoes or the taste ?
    Maybe if you got someone to put them in a sandwich for you so you could eat them without looking at them, you’d be OK.
    Likewise, Manitou, if it’s just the looks of 29ers you don’t like, you could keep a sheet over it until you get on, then wear some sort of blinkers so you can’t look down while riding.

manitou
    Free Member

didnt say they were shit.. but Im not going to buy something i think looks horrible.. 🙄

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im not so keen on Mangos

But i do like my 29er.

timmys

I love lamp.

Rorschach
    Free Member

EVERYONE loves log.

binners

zippykona – is it just raw tomato? Do you like them cooked, say in a spaghetti bolognaise? How about lasagna?

zippykona

I can handle a tomato sauce that doesn’t taste of tomato!
    My grievance is with pre packed food. Every sandwich has tomato in it. So a cheese and pickle sandwich is really cheese,pickle and tomato.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve always thought 29ers aren’t for me. Things like this may change my mind: https://vimeo.com/40481715

Ringo
    Free Member

I tried a 29er once, now I own 4 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I’m sure the OP is ok to ride but he does look wrong… 😉

excitable1
    Free Member

I could take or leave 29ers, although I do like the look of the new Santa Cruz FS ones !

…. as for ferkin Coconut, you can take that crap and shove it in a deep hole somewhere. Just wrong in soooooo many ways !

phatstanley
    Free Member

Stimpy!! You eeeeeeee-dee-ut!!!!!!

[video]<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eusMzC7Rx7M?rel=0&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

FuzzyWuzzy

There are plenty of minging 26″ bikes out there…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

True

ton

i owned 10 or so 29ers once, sold em all, they are crap…. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

He’s right though, some do look absolutely wrong, as do any FS bike with those awful bent top tubes

ahwiles
    Free Member

i guess it depends, my 26ers look rubbish:

flange
    Free Member

Every sandwich has tomato in it. So a cheese and pickle sandwich is really cheese,pickle and tomato

Ahh, now I think you’re confusing ‘Cheese and Pickle’ for ‘Ploughmans’.

I also wish that people would accept that when someone discovers a new ‘food’, there is a possibility they could get it wrong. See sprouts for an example of this….

clubber
    Free Member

Sprouts are one of the best bits of Xmas!

What’s really wrong is brown sauce….

daleftw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Thank you for bringing that up and you are totally entitled to your opinion.

Rihannas forehead can **** off.

relliott6879
    Free Member

flangeMember

I also wish that people would accept that when someone discovers a new ‘food’, there is a possibility they could get it wrong. See sprouts for an example of this….

clubberMember
    Sprouts are one of the best bits of Xmas!

What’s really wrong is brown sauce….

I bloody love sprouts. And brown sauce too actually, although obviously not together. Although now you mention it…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Pickled Octopus – one of the rare foodstuffs I gave up on. And I only like proper stonebake pizzas – 26/29″, I don’t mind.

manitou
    Free Member

I wouldnt buy a shirt, jacket, top, trouser,car,or indeed bike I didnt like the look of.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mushrooms, that’s all I’m saying

Toasty

trouser

Ideally you want to be on the lookout for a pair, however great the trouser looks it’ll be socially awkward without a partner.

colonelwax
    Free Member

And I only like proper stonebake pizzas – 26/29″, I don’t mind.

Where do you get such wondrously sized posh cheese on toast?

Andy_Baz

It’s all relative to what you’re used to. I now find 26ers look ‘wrong’ because the wheels are too small and the frame is too big for them.

manitou
    Free Member

I’m talking looks not taste you plonkers!

ads678

Sprout are devils food, you woudln’t eat a whole cabbage and sprouts are just shruken cabbages!!

I can’t speak about 29ers being ugly I ride an Orange five* and a GT hardtail!!

*old style staight top tube though.

colonelwax
    Free Member

I quite like sprouts.

Had a bite of a seafood pizza once and just about vommed. So I definitely wouldnt want a 29″ seafood special.

yunki
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member
    i guess it depends, my 26ers look rubbish:

is that a Brompton..?

Trimix
    Free Member

Small ones look wrong to me. Big blokes on them seem OK, just as big blokes on 26’ers look wrong.

Its all asthetics and scale.

I tired one and felt the hype was just hype. But thats not surprising with marketing.

rootes1

Well… Ive had a look at a couple of 29ers and I’m sorry they just look wrong. They just look like a slightly more attractive hybrid.

I have a 29er Hardtail (swift) which Ilike th elook off, but just happened to look at a Norco full sus 29er and a Specialized Camber 29er in Evans…

thought they both looked horrible…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘29uuuurgh’ is closed to new replies.