• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 29+frames
  • pb2

I am thinking of selling my Yelli Screamy frame to a get a puka 29+ frame but I am struggling to establish whats out there.Looking to run 2.8″ to 3.0″ tires.

I would be really interested in a full suss one if such a thing exists ?

fin25
    Free Member

Best bet might be the Trek Stache.
    Also check out the Surly Krampus.
    I don’t know of any full suss 29 plusses out there, you would probably have to buy a full suss fat bike and put 29 plus wheels in it, but that would be mad expensive.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’d definitely check out the Stache, super short stays. I have my Stache 5 set up with a 100mm carbon Lefty. Its a real hoot to ride.

BillOddie

As an ex-Krampus rider I would also say that they are a hoot! Still miss mine…

letmetalktomark

@ ChunkyMTB – Have you got a pic of the set with your Lefty? Ive a Rooster, Rabbit Holes a Chronicle and Knard and a spare pbr 90mm Lefty ……..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not yet, but will get some up as soon as I can. PBR 90mm would be good..

TFT do the tapered adapter for the Lefty, not cheap but cheaper than the ones from the States as it will get stung by import duty.

letmetalktomark

@ ChunkyMTB – I already have the Lefty on my Skookum with a one for all – I’m guessing I would just need to add a spacer for the extra wheel height keep to see how much clearance there is though or how much to have to dish the wheel to get the clearance.

tazzymtb

I found the stache a pretty lifeless lump. If you can find a singular rooster or a ti stooge 29plus then you are sorted. If you have lots to spend then the answer is a jones plus

tazzymtb

Lenz do a 29plus full sus from memory

ajantom

Can’t go wrong with a Krampus. Totally bombproof, comfortable all day, and a hoot on everything from singletrack to the occasional DH run (no big gaps for me though!)

Did the HOTS 75km route on mine at the weekend, and was catching and passing full sussers on the downs 😉

pb2

Cheers guys,just found this link looking for info on the Stooge

http://forums.mtbr.com/26-27-5-29-plus-bikes/list-29-plus-frames-29-a-948304.html

Davesport

How much money you got ?

Carver (Titanium) Gnarvester

bedmaker
    ratherbeintobago

There’s a Niner ROS9+ which is a lovely colour. Having said this, I saw a Krampus in Hebden the other day and the wheels looked ridiculously huge – surely 650B+ makes more sense unless you’re over 6ft?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Ive a small krampus frame and forks for sale

Also a rabbit hole and some vee 3″ tyres

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bloody love my Krampus, but can’t wait to upgrade to something lighter.

frood
    Free Member

A first gen Genesis Longitude frame if you can find one second hand – lovely bike very versatile, done big days out bike packing geared, the Puffer single speed, have jones loops atm, but used straight bars previously for trail rioting. Brilliant frame if you can find one

lapdog
    Free Member

Chumba URSA is also worth a look.

pb2

I’m 6’1″ so large frame is my thing and I am in no hurry,Lenz are interesting but unfortunately to my eyes fugly.

pb2

I wonder if short travel (100mm or less) 29+ full sussers will be the next hot/fashionable thing in mountain biking? I think once you have ridden with fat tyres its difficult to go back to anything under 2.8″

This is very interesting http://carverbikes.com/frames/trans-fat-full-suspension-fatbike-frame/

fin25
    Free Member

I’m not sure 29 plus will ever be much more than a niche, 650 plus just seems easier to market to people.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘29+frames’ is closed to new replies.