Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Full Suss 29er XC frame – Canyon Lux CF?
  • markyd

Anyone here have any experience of the Canyon Lux CF? I read the STW article and it sounds quite favorable but have struggled to find much else good or bad.

I’m after a 29er frame and forks with 100mm of travel to replace an old Anthem Advanced 26″ with 90mm travel/100mm SIDs). Considering everything from Ibis Ripley / Pivot 429c / Tallboy 2 but not sure I’ve made the mental leap to fork out that sort of money. The Canyon seems like a good compromise but is a bit of an unknown that I don’t seem to be able to test ride.

Clink

What about a new Anthem?

markyd

I’d already have bought one if they hadn’t ditched 29″ wheels!

I’m not sure I could justify changing from 26″ to 650 as the difference in character doesn’t appear to be worth it). I’ve already other 26″ and 29″ bikes that I’d want to keep and don’t want to adopt all 3 wheel sizes.

Clink

I’d already have bought one if they hadn’t ditched 29″ wheels!

Not yet they haven’t:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.anthem.x.29er.1/14998/66602/

roverpig

But they have rather shot themselves in the foot with a few unguarded comments. I think they did say that they’d look at demand before making a decision on 29ers, so if you buy one you’ll be increasing that demand.

dickie
    Free Member

Turner Czar

markyd

They have dropped the carbon version of the Anthem, only the alloy version still in production. I very nearly bought the carbon version the other year while it was still available and regret not doing so.

Clink

They have dropped the carbon version of the Anthem, only the alloy version still in production. I very nearly bought the carbon version the other year while it was still available and regret not doing so.

Still on the US version of the Giant site?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Still available in certain european markets.We special ordered on not too long ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Full Suss 29er XC frame – Canyon Lux CF?’ is closed to new replies.