Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er Wheel Advice
  • teanosugar
    Free Member

I’m looking to by a spare set of wheels for used (2012) Karate Monkey I’ve just bought. This is new ground for me and I’m a bit blown away by all the choice.I’m looking for something for general all round use, ideally around the £150 mark. Any recommendations?

honourablegeorge

£150 isn’t a lot for wheels, but you might grab a DT Swiss set on sale at Planet X or CRC, and they’ll be reliable and well made.

Do you know what diameter/axle you need?

teanosugar
    Free Member

Not yet!

teanosugar
    Free Member

I’m going to change the brake pads this evening and Hopefully fathom out what size Axel and hubs I need

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

If you want to go custom: deore hubs + alpina f1 spokes + WTB i29 in any flavour.
    You can hit that price if you look for sales and build them yourself 🙂

TomB

I’d look second hand, or sale items, as likely non boost so ‘obsolete’. Some bargains to be had

teanosugar
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice, but while changing my pads earlier it became apparent that my Juicy 7 brakes are shit and badly need servicing, after doing a bit of research on here then pricing up service kits, bleed kit + my time I decided to buy new SRAM Level TL brakes. So the spare set of wheels will have to wait for a bit!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er Wheel Advice’ is closed to new replies.