Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 29er Rim/wheel choices? [Also: rim width effect on tyre width?]
  • BillOddie

My rear wheel is on the way out… [sigh]

Will likely buy a whole new wheel (or wheelset) and then get it rebuilt as having spares is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to hardtails and rear wheels!

Old rim is the old Stan’s flow EX, with 26mm internal width.  Width seemed fine for 2.3 – 2.5 tyres.

How much would going to an internal width of 30mm from 25.5mm make to the profile of the tyre?

Ideally I want about the same internal width, all black with removable decals.

If available I would have just bought the same again, but looks like the Flow is now 30mm internal.

Hubs need to fit 15×100 (ie non-boost) up front and 135QR at the back

I also need them by the weekend…

Options:

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Hope Tech Enduro £225 for rear only</span>

Pro: Off the shelf at the likes of Wiggle/CRC, Hope hubs are a known quantity

Con: I think the rims are laser etched rather which annoys me slightly. Slightly narrower

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Superstar Electro Alpine Trail Wheelset £250 for front and rear</span>

Pro: Cheap. quick? Choice of 24mm internal or 30mm internal rims

Con: Questionable build quality?

Anything else I should consider?

The biggest issue I’m having is that most rear wheels are thru axle and it’s not clear if adaptors for QR are included or even available…

nedrapier

Something on Arch Mk3 rim. 26mm internal, black, removable graphic I assume, being stans.

either new rim for your hub, or built into a new wheel, or both

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘29er Rim/wheel choices? [Also: rim width effect on tyre width?]’ is closed to new replies.