Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er rigid fork measurements – advice please
  • earlanderson
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    I’m currently using rigid steel forks on my 29er unit single speed. I would like to put monocoque carbon forks on. Obviously the niners are the ones i’d like but not in my price range. On-one do these
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOSCF4709/on_one_monocoque_straight_steerer_carbon_fork
    Now my delema is this….. as I understand it 29ers are 465mm. These are 450mm. Would I notice any difference? Can 15mm really make any noticeable difference ?
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

mokl
    Free Member

Remember you’re looking to emulate the A-C of suspension forks when sagged, so depending on what forks your frame is designed around these will probably be fine. For example I put some 460mm rigid forks on my Dialled PA to try and recreate the handling of the bike with 120mm forks fitted – that’s a 26″ wheel. Hope that made sense!

qwerty
    Free Member

Isn’t it 10mm = 1 degree of head angle change? ish

mokl
    Free Member

Sorry, just re-read and you’ve already got rigids on there! D’oh! FWIW I suspect you will notice little difference although it may marginally speed up the steering.

tinribz
    Free Member

Can’t see it being that different to putting smaller tyres on. Think the unit has a head angle of 70, might make it 71 ish. But quite a few 29ers are 72 anyways. Seat will come forward a touch too I suppose. Dunno if it would cause structural issues, but be surprised.

cynic-al
    Free Member

17mm = 1 degree.

earlanderson
    Free Member

I think that makes sense to me. Slight 1-ish degree headtube angle change, would b 15mm lower at front.? Am I reading it right ?
    So should be OK then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er rigid fork measurements – advice please’ is closed to new replies.