Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 29er lefty wheelset options
  • jonnyrockymountain

Thinking of treating myself to some new wheels, what are my off the peg choices for lefty front hub and q/r rear (but needs to be adaptable) wanting xc light weight but please no stans rims, I know mavic have done them in the past?

jonnyrockymountain

Ps, don’t really want to spend more than £600

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Speak to your local lbs/wheel builder, and get them to build up whatever takes your fancy.

parkesie
    Free Member

Crank brothers. Seen some deals on sets aswell.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Mavic still do – new 2017 wheels recently launched. Crossmax Elite would be a fair bit under your budget, Crossmax Pro a touch over (both include tyres, though).

jimw
    Free Member

DT Swiss 240 hubs with rims of your choice should be possible in your budget?
    Edit:
    Ah, didn’t register the off the peg bit, sorry

brian2510
    Free Member

Hi Jonny

I have a lefty Chris’s king hub for sale 32h if any good to you?
    I Also have a rear 32h king hub 142×12 on xd drive
    Both black and in excellent condition that you could build onto some nice rims I’m
    Not looking for crazy money for the pair as they don’t fit my bike if your interested give me a shout

Email me on brianodonnell2005ATyahooDOTcoDOTuk if your interested

Cheers

Brian

ChrisE
    Free Member

Keep an eye out on classifieds here and eBay. I got a lefty pair of Enve on DtSwiss 350 for £500. I had already got one such pair. They are stunning.

C

granny_ring

25% off Superstar sale if you find anything?

Painey
    Free Member

I was looking for this exact thing a while ago. I opted for a Superstar custom build with Lefty Hub and DT Swiss 240s rear. Cost was £480 or thereabouts.

I used Stans Arch Mk 3 rims, CX Ray spokes and the weight came in around 1600g. Having ridden them a few times now are awesome. I couldn’t be happier with it.

jonnyrockymountain

Thanks guys, probably gonna do dt240’s or American classic hubs with some lightweight rims, would like carbon but can’t really afford!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘29er lefty wheelset options’ is closed to new replies.