Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 29er Inbred or Cube Ltd
  • jeffl

Right I’m taking the plunge and getting a new bike via Cycle 2 Work as my current bike is getting on for 10 years old. The scheme my place runs allows me to get a bike direct from On-One/Planet X or JE James Cycles. I’m a lanky git at 6’5″ / 6’6″ so am looking at a 29er

My initial thoughts were an inbred 29er x5 at a penny shy of £800. However looking at it I’m not 100% sure of the spec. Specifically the brakes/fork/weight. Spec here http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FBOOINX529/on_one_inbred_x5_29er_bike

JE James have a Cube Ltd Pro 29 at nigh on £1000. The spec looks better than the inbred, but again not sure about the forks. Spec here http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cube-ltd-pro-29-mountain-bike-black-anodized-id73242.html

I’ve slung a leg over the Cube and the sizing seems much better than my current bike (specialized hard rock). Not had a look at the inbred yet but the showroom is only 30 minutes away.

Riding is mostly Sherwood Pines, Peak District and canal tow path to work.

My initial thoughts are that the Cube is more XC where as the inbred is more “trail” oriented. Obviously if one fits much better than the other then I’ll go for that. Again if On-One reduce the price of the inbred massively, and I like it, I’ll probably go for that.

But all other things being equal which one do people think is the best better bike?

jeffl

A bump for the evening…

Bazz

Well the Inbred will probably be heavier than the Cube as it is steel framed rather than aluminium, nothing wrong with though if one suits you better than the other. I wouldn’t have any cause for concern about the brakes and fork on the Inbred either.

Seeing as the On-one show room is only 30 minutes from you then i’d definitely go down and try one out, if you don’t then you could end up wondering about it for years.

I know nothing of the fork on the cube, try Googling for review results for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘29er Inbred or Cube Ltd’ is closed to new replies.