Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29er full suss for am/xc
  • Paul-j

Just debating to take a step into the 29er thing. iam 6’2 94kg ive got an orange five with canecreek db coil and coil pikes up front. quite like bikes slack and long do a bit of every thing really but can see putting in a fair few more miles.

so does any one have a 29er full suss set up a bit more enduro type bike set up ie short stem 50mm wide bars, switch between coil and air shocks but still like to put some miles in?

moon on a stick i know, but if you dont ask you dont know.
    pictures would be appricated.
    tahnks

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just the thing: Transition Covert 29.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Whyte t129 …..for no other reason than I’ve got one …and I don’t know any better ……it is shiny though ..well sort of …it’s a Matt paint job …..anyway I’m rambling now ……

gee
    Free Member

One of the new Banshees? They’re doing a 140mm all mountain 29er.

boxelder

Have a look at the cube stereos – great fun downhill and with change tyres etc acceptable for long days out.
    Maybe not if you ‘re seriuo about sticking a coil shock on it though.
    5 29er?

Paul-j

covert 29er looks good, heard the 26″ is a very fun bike. have thought about the five29er but also the review gary lakes gives the gyro built up xc then a bit tougher sounds good. possibly off set bushings etc for more gravity days.

frogstomp

Very impressed with my Salsa Horsethief build so far.. first proper outing was to CyB and it impressed me to the point of ditching my Zesty..

120mm forks but will happily run 140mm.. fork with removable spacer for the best of both worlds?

Mbnut
    Free Member

[img]http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9431585/p4pb9431585.jpg
    [/img]

2012 big wheeled Bandit… very capable and lots of fun.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Cant praise my trance x 29er highly enough, blows the Sultan it replaced out the water.

Paceman
    Free Member

Saw a Bandit 29er in the flesh the other day, it looked fantastic in my opinion.

squealer
    Free Member

this:

mines got 120mm forks but will be swapping them for 140mm soon.

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

I’m currently running this

trusmadoor
    Free Member

Perhaps not as big a set ip as you’re talking about but I live in the lakes and fancied 5″ travel, 29″, tapered headset, 2×10, dropper etc but no more n £2k. I bought a Giant Trance X1 29er for £1699 at Christmas. It’s fast, lighter than my old Meta 55 and allows me to do any of the big Lakes all day rides.I’m 6’2″ and heavy but so far no problems. I think the 26/29 debate ends up a personal decision. I could ride either but am enjoying the big wheels.

billyboy
    Free Member

I just took the plunge with an Anthem 29er. I was trying to be realistic about what I do, as against what I might hope I can still do. Even so, I was sneekily hoping that it would stretch to trail duties, so it’s given me a bit of a boost that WMB have just confirmed that they also think it will be ok as a trail bike. So far I’m well impressed. Despite the unfashionably steep angles and only 100mm of travel, it’s a real fun bike to ride. I’m taking it to the Lakes next week, which will be a bit more of a tester than it has had so far.

ajantom

Ask yourself – do you need another full sus?
    If your Orange is capable and you still like it why not go down the 29er go hardtail route. Save a bit of money, and have something a bit different to ride.
    A hardtail will be more than capable of ‘Xc/am’ – I ride everything round here, including some trails with drops and jumps on a Surly Krampus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29er full suss for am/xc’ is closed to new replies.