Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29er full suspension in stock anywhere?
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Sold my current bike but didn’t realise just how little stock there is of new bikes.

Looking for a trail full suspension 29er in XL at £2000 or less.

Was going to get a YT Jeffrey but now out of stock and was looking at bird am9 but due to parts being out of stock build is £2500

Has anyone seen anything?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

If you don’t mind second hand I have an XL Niner you can have for £2k

Pikes, 10 speed XTR etc. I can give pics and full spec if interested. It is immaculate.

teenrat
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

A 2K build on the AM9 would get you rolling but not get the best from it in my opinion. If you speak to them they may be able to help with a cheaper build not always just whats listed (they will do ten/eleven speed for example).

Frame only (new or used as they have a transferable warranty) could be worth considering, lots of people are moving to the newest version for 170 forks. Its a great bike at 150 and lighter in its V1/V2 form.

damascus
    Free Member

There are a few for sale 2nd hand but if you want new, you should get in touch with your bike shops and see what they can get you in for full rrp

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Boriselbrus I would really prefer new and if it was second hand would not be looking for spend £2k but thanks for the offer

Teenrat that could be a option but would need to change a good few parts, I have a stock alert set for the vrx model which is a bargain.

Rockthreegozy I spoke to bird but they weren’t willing to do anything to get the build price down. The frame only doesn’t seem too great value and think I would struggle getting a full bike together for £2k

Damascus I phoned a few shops but nothing in stock and no date from supplier’s

tails
    Free Member

C6 near Cambridge can prob get you something, they do good discounts. Orbea and trek as Santa Cruz won’t come in under budget

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Anyone seen anything else in stock?

jler1985

Not currently in stock but worth getting the stock alert just in case..
    Decathlon 29er

granny_ring

Anything on Pauls Cycles?

renton
    Free Member

There’s not a lot anywhere in stock to be honest.

I’m hoping post covid there might be some sales on

chakaping
    Free Member

Sadly you don’t get much for less than £2k these days, and especially not in the current situation.

It’s probably worth ponying up the extra for the Bird TBH, especially if you’re getting better kit.

funkrodent

Pretty sure that the Sonder Cortex in XL guise is in stock. The NX build is £2049. They apparently ride very well if short(ish) travel, yet lls bikes are your thing. Frame only for a grand and frame + forks for 1600, though you could get forks for a lot less than that

Rickos
    Free Member

Only 2 left in XL size –
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-sommet-29-vr-bike-sx-eagle-1×12-2020/rp-prod182544

Edit – actually that’s got some big travel and maybe overkill as a trail bike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29er full suspension in stock anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.