Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 29er 120mm Forks – any options other than Fox?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Looking for some 29er 120mm forks with tapered steerer – can’t find many options other than Fox, any recommendations?

BoardinBob

These may be adjustable with the internal spacer

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=71187

LoCo
    Free Member

Reba 29ers are specced as 100mm.

Revelations are the other option (140mm max) they arn’t avaialable aftermarket in the UK this year (don’t know why?!) but you maybe able to get some O.E, the RCT3 model is the best performing model in the range this year, unless you really want remote lockout adjustment.

MrTall
    Free Member

Last years Reba’s (and earlier models) had 120mm travel but i believe 2012 onwards are 100mm only with the new Revelation 29ers coming in at the 120-140mm travel.

On One were knocking out 120mm Reba RL’s a few month ago (and i just missed them) but they’re now like Rocking Horse poo…..

I ended up buying these:-

http://www.29squadron.com/product.php?id_product=102

They seem to have one set left (on sale) and were pretty good to deal with. A word of warning though – 2011 and before Reba lowers seem to have a common problem with being slightly offset (QC problem) meaning that you may be restricted to running 2.2″ ish tyres max as a 2.4″ rubs the disc side lower. My 2009 non tapered have this problem and so do my new ones like above (although Sram UK warrantied them with new lowers in 48 hrs but the new lowers were only a bit better than the old ones and still don’t fit a 2.4″) I started a thread on it if you look at my forum history. In practise the forks still work great, but if you want to stick a fat tyre in then go for 2012 Revs (where apparently the problem has finally been sorted) or stump up the cash for a set of stanchion munching Fox.

And don’t forget you can always get Manitou’s in 120mm and i think Marzocchi do one as well.

scud
    Free Member

I bought 120mm Reba’s from On One last year.

LoCo
    Free Member

Ah O.E spec then. on the Reba, the SRAM Site lists as 100mm Max.

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/reba-rl#/path/term-id/103

Looking at the 2012 tech drawings it shows the Reba air spring assm as 110mm max.
    2009 to 2011 spring assm, listed as a 120mm max. so the 120 will be 2011 or earlier models, with the non DNA dampers and non dual flow rebound assms.

Paceman
    Free Member

Marzocchi might be an option, anyone tried them in their 29er guise?

Limy
    Free Member

SR Suntour Epicon is available in 120mm and with a tapered steerer Here

GeForceJunky

There’s some tapered 120mm Reba’s in the classified at the moment.

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers GeForce

Chainline
    Free Member

If Fox, Wait for the 34mm.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘29er 120mm Forks – any options other than Fox?’ is closed to new replies.