Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29" tyres bigger than 2.4 but not 3"??
  • cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Currently running a 2.4 x-king in a Swift fork but would like to try something bigger. I doubt the fork will take a 3″ so what are my options? Any recommendations?

faustus

you can get 2.5 minions and I think shorty too in tough casing (i.e. fairly heavy).

Nobby Nic 2.6 is due apr 17 – so ages! Think some lighter 2.6 options will be coming through eventually..

Any bigger and you’d probably need fatter rims anyway, if they’re not that wide already…

Northwind

The 2.4 x-king is small, too, mine measured almost spot on 2.2- do you need a 2.5, or do you just need an honest 2.4 or even 2.3?

Minion 2.5 is a little undersized I think- not sure but I think mine are both about 2.4, on an i23 rim. And obviously very unlike an x-king!

happybiker
    Free Member

The new Swift fork takes a plus tyre easily (I’ve got a Chronicle on i35mm rim with space), Minion dhf 2.5 doesn’t seem massive compared to 2.35, but I’ve not measured mine.

chiefgrooveguru

Lots of tyres are bigger than an X-King 2.4 – Magic Mary and Hans Dampf 2.35, Trail King 2.4, Minion 2.5, etc. Can’t think of any which are less knobbly like an X-King, but there must be some!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘29" tyres bigger than 2.4 but not 3"??’ is closed to new replies.