29" tyres bigger than 2.4 but not 3"??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29" tyres bigger than 2.4 but not 3"??
  • cheeezzy24

Currently running a 2.4 x-king in a Swift fork but would like to try something bigger. I doubt the fork will take a 3″ so what are my options? Any recommendations?

faustus

you can get 2.5 minions and I think shorty too in tough casing (i.e. fairly heavy).

Nobby Nic 2.6 is due apr 17 – so ages! Think some lighter 2.6 options will be coming through eventually..

Any bigger and you’d probably need fatter rims anyway, if they’re not that wide already…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

The 2.4 x-king is small, too, mine measured almost spot on 2.2- do you need a 2.5, or do you just need an honest 2.4 or even 2.3?

Minion 2.5 is a little undersized I think- not sure but I think mine are both about 2.4, on an i23 rim. And obviously very unlike an x-king!

happybiker

The new Swift fork takes a plus tyre easily (I’ve got a Chronicle on i35mm rim with space), Minion dhf 2.5 doesn’t seem massive compared to 2.35, but I’ve not measured mine.

Lots of tyres are bigger than an X-King 2.4 – Magic Mary and Hans Dampf 2.35, Trail King 2.4, Minion 2.5, etc. Can’t think of any which are less knobbly like an X-King, but there must be some!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘29" tyres bigger than 2.4 but not 3"??’ is closed to new replies.