• This topic has 125 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • 29+ Jones
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

How does the ride differ from the original Jones???

timbur
    Free Member

I need a gardener………

timbur
    Free Member

frc – no idea. Still need to bleed the brakes

john_l
    Free Member

do you want another set of J-Bars?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve got a set of JJ’s ti H-Bars FS 🙂

birdage

Having just left Tim’s shed I can confirm it’s huge! Much longer than my Diamond Jones. And that Gulliver stem………I really don’t get it but I’m sure it will ride nice etc. etc.

timbur
    Free Member

Nope. I don’t have any bikes of my own needing bars.
    My collection is complete (in my head anyway)

timbur
    Free Member

and

peanut
    Free Member

Is the Truss fork on the Jones+ ‘Bud” friendly?

peanut
    Free Member

Oh, and is the demo a 24″ or 25″ TT?

timbur
    Free Member

25” and what the fluff is a Bud? An American beer friendly fork? I doubt it. I think Jeff is more “micro” brewery friendly than big corp wee water :O)

timbur
    Free Member

5” between fork legs so 4.8” is going to be tight depending on how it sits on the rim

(that was my serious answer :O)

Gotama
    Free Member

Pic of Bud in there on Jeff’s website I think. Prob same snug clearance as on the ‘normal’ truss.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

You not liking those bars john?

biff

The 25″ test bike here is set up with a 110mm (10 degree) stem and the Thomson Dropper (a lay-back post might well be a better option for big riders). This is intentionally a build with ‘big people’ in mind (hi Jelle!). A straight seatpost and 50-80mm stem brings this bike round to ‘average joe’ appropriateness. The 24″ (not shown) has a 2″ shorter seat tube so much more standover. Depends on what you are wanting – the 25 for big riders and excellent bikepacking capabilities, the 24 for a little less bike. Same pioneering Jones ride (so I’m told) although the Plus geometry is different to the Jones 29. Horses for courses. Thoroughbreds both.  

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Bud fits fine- awesome tyre!

That test bike is so huge it would be pretty pointless me trying it :((

How about a small Jeff??? ,!!

peanut
    Free Member

🙂 and pricing??

flange
    Free Member

anyone in the Surrey area got one of these I could have a short spin on in return for some beers? Or beer tokens? I’m pretty certain its not for me, but I like the look of them and want to see what all the fuss is about.

Gotama
    Free Member

If it’s just the standard spaceframe you’re after then you can have a go on mine with a fat front. 29+ I can’t help with.

flange
    Free Member

Standard space frame really, not sure I’m ready to go full mental

Gotama
    Free Member

Well the offers there, email in profile. Based in Peaslake so easy enough to do although it would have to be a weekend and due to a thinning of the collection i’d need to borrow a bike from your good self.

gil_

…and the wheelbase?

Guessing 112cm or is it longer?

Oh yeah, pricing?

birdage

Given it’s a prototype, is the cable routing likely to be the same on the production model? Didn’t look quite as neat as on the regular Jones.

jameso

That bike looks nuts, not seen anything I want to try out so much in ages. Pop a 50mm stem on the 24″ version and I’ll take it : ) or, I would if I could bear to part with my std steel Jones.

flange
    Free Member

Gotama – away for the weekend now mate but will drop you a line early next week. Let me know what bike you want to borrow …

biff

Gotama – if it’s a saturday morning and I’ve some notice I’d love to join you. Can bring a couple of Joneses along – make a session of it. You can show me some more of those trails you ride :O)

Paceman
    Free Member

Shouldn’t there be a collective noun for a group of Jones’s?

Gotama
    Free Member

Biff – I’m sure we can make it a Saturday morning to fit in with you. It would also give Flange the opportunity to try my Bud fronted spaceframe against other options.

Wouldn’t mind trying the wider bars as well.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Biff are we any nearer to a test ride session in Stanmer Park?

julioflo
    Free Member

So, the new 23 inch Jones + – Is it a smaller size only, or intended to be a more chuckable version?

gil_

Looking at the photos it’s a Spaceframe with + clearances

Geo and ride is very similar between the two frames, but visually very different, just means you can run a big tyre in the back now 🙂

mpw
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman, is there such a thing as a 29 plus Spaceframe now ?

If so is it available and how much ??

dknwhy

I really want a 29+ Jones.

cookeaa

This promo vid does make them look awesome

[video]https://youtu.be/T4rxBquR5O4[/video]

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Nice video, it’s always great to hear Jeff talking about his bikes!

vorlich
    Free Member

I’d still love to hear a proper comparison from someone who has ridden both.
    I could be tempted, but I love my 29 diamond frame as is, not entirely sure I could justify owning both.

vorlich
    Free Member

I’d still love to hear a proper comparison from someone who has ridden both.
    I could be tempted, but I love my 29 diamond frame as is, not entirely sure I could justify owning both.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I think Martinh has both, I see him occasionally on our Thursday night rides (not for a while though).

martinh
    Free Member

Futon is right, i have both a Ti Spaceframe and a Plus in the larger size. My Spaceframe has the old narrower truss which limits my tire choice. I find the Plus a better all round bike then the Spacey. It has more luggage space, is smoother and roomier for long rides and more planted, more stable and slacker for technical singletrack fun. The Spaceframe feels more like an XC racer in comparison. My Ti Spaceframe with normal size 29er tyres feels like it weighs nothing compared to the big rubbered, steel Plus.

My Spaceframe has been singlespeed for all of it’s 8 years and I’d expected to run the Plus that way too. However I couldn’t find the right compromise gear. I’ll be giving it another go this year.

Futon, I dont mind rain, mud or night riding but i struggle to find motivation in winter when irs all three. I’ll make a Stanmer Thursday ride again soon.

birdage

Amen to that martinh, it’s been a endless slog this winter. There must be a few of us round Stanmer area on Thursday nights then…
    Really looking forward to getting some truss forks put on today!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘29+ Jones’ is closed to new replies.