Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 29 fork choice. In a dilemma ?
  • Davesport

I’m trying to choose a fork for a new 29er build. It’s got to have 120mm travel, tapered steerer & have a 15 or 20 mm axle.

This is going to be my “go to” trail hack & will be used most days so maintenance every 30 hours would be a chore, but at least the parts for Fox are readily available. Magura do a fork that fits the bill but I’ve never owned a Magura fork before. Anyone care to reflect on Magura fork ownership & back-up in the UK please ?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Davesport

Boink…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have 3 Magura forks and they have all been faultless. Stiff, plush, reliable, light, very easy to service and this guy mike@racemechanic.co.uk can sort out any more major stuff very well.

Davesport

Thank you boris 😀

LeeW

DT Swiss? 200hr service intervals 25% off at CRC at the moment too.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Does anyone actually follow the service guidelines though? My Fox 32s didn’t get touched in 5 years and my Pikes made it to 7 years… and even then I was told they didn’t require anything!

smashvirt
    Free Member

I’ve had a lot of Fox come through losing the coating on the stanchions because they haven’t had any care some within 12 months and thats an expensive repair job – I’m running the new solo air Reba’s and they work they do the job they are a lot better than the dual air before, My dad has a pair or DT’s and they are phenomenal – well impressed but my next pair will be the Maggies – no doubt about it not heard a bad thing about their forks yet

steve_b77
    Free Member

Get a revelation. My mate DT 29’ers fell apart in 3 months

monkeyboyjc

My 29 xmm Dt’s haven’t been great. Strange clicking noises, a warranty claim right out of the box and not the plushest ride.
    The two sets of maguras I’ve owned in the last 5 or 6 years however have been faultless.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I believe X-Fusion have a Velvet fork that fits all your requirements for far less money than a Fox.
    I’ve been very pleased with my 26er Velvet this year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘29 fork choice. In a dilemma ?’ is closed to new replies.