Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 28 hole tubeless rim recommendations?
  • Northwind

Looks like I might have finally pounded one of my Traversee rims to the point of submission… Can’t fault it, it’s been great, but before I order a replacement which I imagine will cost as much as my house, thought I’d check if there’s any sensible alternatives.

But there doesn’t seem to be many? Stans Crest seems to be the most suitable but I’d hoped to go with something a little sturdier. Any suggestions?

mboy
    Free Member

🙁

You got me worried now!

If you do find out how much a replacement rim is, post it up on here…

Oh and yeah I don’t think the Crest will be as stiff/sturdy.

Northwind

Don’t worry! This is the rear off my older set, they’re honourable wounds… Couldn’t ask much more of a wheel this weight tbh, so if the price is sensible I’ll be perfectly happy just to go with another one. But I’ve a wee feeling it might not be.

smiff
    Free Member

don’t know what you’re talking about exactly but Crest + more sturdy = Arch Ex.

mildred

Had 819’s in 28 hole and they were fine. I’m 96kg kitted up and they weren’t particularly flexy.

Northwind

smiff – Member

don’t know what you’re talking about exactly but Crest + more sturdy = Arch Ex.

Aye, that’d be my choice but I can only find 32 hole Arches and Arch Exes.

Mildred, got 819s on another bike and they’re OK but too heavy for what they are. Which obviously doesn’t have to be a problem, but is for me 😉

bm0p700f
    Free Member

The stans ooptions or the mavic 819’s are the best I can think of to. I don’t ride tubeless so I never have this worry.

Northwind

Hmm. I’d been hoping I was stupidly overlooking something obvious! Ah well, will talk to Mr Specialized tomorrow and see what a replacement will cost. Need to factor in replacement spokes with most of the alternatives too…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘28 hole tubeless rim recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.