• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 28/29th September – Autumnal rides edition
  • matt_outandabout

Cracking local blast yesterday.

Laggan fun today.
    null

null

kayak23

Nice spin today around Fod while the girlfriend was doing the half marathon..

Shutcastle

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hnDCts]Shutcastle Fod September 2019[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

When you ride a fatbike, you get used to the frequent comments about your enormous tyres. While having a quick break at the centre cafe, I heard two blokes on downhill bikes remarking about the size of my tyres with the bike in the racks. ‘Seen the size of them tyres!’ Says one. ‘Yeah, my mates dad wants one of them’ Says the other, ‘but you can’t do much with them’

I’ve ridden it all over the Forest, schralped a load of the off-piste stuff, and ridden up to and down the same downhill tracks you’re riding on full downhill bikes, on my rigid fatbike but yeah…can’t do much with them….😂

To be fair to them though, it won’t fit on the uplift trailer 😉

birky
    Free Member

Angus backroads on saturday

null

senorj

More Hertfordshire “hills”.
    I got piss wet through today for the 3Rd! day on the belt. And my bb started to creak. Ffs.

Edit … holding out for a rocket dog attack pose to cheer me up.
    🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The Gloucester canal towpath was nice yesterday very windy one way easy the over never got muddy when I use my fat bike it has 27.5 wheels so tyres look big have lots of chats with walkers about the tyres normally get mine out when it gets very muddy looks like it will come out 3 months earlier at this rate.

roverpig

After years of only really riding off road I’ve been messing about on the old road bike a bit. However, the habit of “just seeing where that track leads” is hard to break. Still, I now know that 23mm tyres aren’t the ideal choice for farm tracks and road shoes aren’t even slightly water resistant 🙂

muggomagic

Couldn’t wait to get out as I’d fitted loads of new bits to the bike and made it loads lighter. So snuck out really early Saturday for a couple of hours over the South Downs and despite a hangover and a fairly strong headwind at times, I had a blast and the bike felt great. I was really looking forward to getting out again Sunday for a longer ride, but after walking the dog and both of us nearly getting blown away, I decided to stay in and see how much it’d cost to make it even lighter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B28xgiFnpUs/

lowey

Rode through a river all day Saturday around the Ribble Valley. Got drenched, had a great time.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hnifuS]20190928_120525[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hnidEj]20190928_143023[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

jam-bo

no riding but managed a couple of good trail runs on the moors. soggy…

martinhutch

Got a ride in on Saturday before a nice outbreak of D&V wiped me out for the rest of the weekend. Couldn’t even stagger to the end of the road to watch the road race peleton whistle by. Not sure I would’ve been out riding, looking at the weather…

tthew

Went to the Long Mynd and Stiperstones expecting to get rained on but be home before the worst of the deluge. Saw plenty of hefty showers moving about, but not one of them got us! Sorry, no photos

@roverpig
    , I’m exactly the same when I go out on a road bike ride, always manage to add a single track blast at some point. 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Out on Sunday round Staveley, Kentmere way. Got drenched and waded few a few stream crossings. Stopped raining when we finished riding. Getting more tempted to try and get a cheap fat bike for winter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘28/29th September – Autumnal rides edition’ is closed to new replies.