• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 27.5" tyres (:-/) want my rear more alive
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Nobby nic has too weak sidewalls it seems, need a 2.25 ish around same profile as the nic in UST, suggestions please 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m keeping an eye on the new Mavic tyres as they’ve apparently been pushing hard with the Enduro types, and it looks like Michelin have made a push to comeback into the forefront again…

That said, I saw Jedi is on some WTB rubber and loving it.

LoCo
    Free Member

Interesting, need something asap as rear torn and unusable, hans dampf out of stock atm too, otherwise would try one of them, clearance a touch limit so they maybe too big anyway, always likes michelins of old too

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

..more alive?

Apparenlty you should have bought a 29er. 😆

LoCo
    Free Member

29er on front, don’t want it too alive 😉

tenfoot

Continental are now producing the Trail King (Rubber Queen) and Mountain King in 650B. I would presume that includes their Protection sidewalls.

kimbers

can get maxxis ardent in 650b flavour

LoCo
    Free Member

Cool, cheers, any other suggestions? going on UST Stans arch rims too if anyone has any fitting issues with the tyres

ratherbeintobago

I have it from Stan’s themselves that WTB TCS tyres won’t go on their rims, if that helps.

jedi

im on 26″ 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Install a badger? That would make the back end lively!

As someone else said, you should soon be able to get the Trail King (ex Rubber Queen) in 27.5″ format – don’t be tempted to scrimp on the compound, go the full Black Chili and you should be right.

rOcKeTdOg

Honey Badger

LoCo
    Free Member

What are the badgers like in mud?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Inconsistent. The goalposts are always moving, you see.

Conan257
    Free Member

LoCo – Member

Muddy.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

tomhoward

I’m sure Bikeind will be able to sell you the perfect tyre.

If only he would tell us which shop he was :sigh:

Oh and if you must use badgers, don’t go tubeless, leads to no end of bother….

LoCo
    Free Member

😀 badgers out then if rubbish tubeless, Trail King 27.5″ x 2.2 ProTection look pretty good any comments on arch compatability any issues with rolling on rim when cornering when run tubeless

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Bontrager XR3 team issue 2.2

cnud
    Free Member

I used to love my Rubber Queens/ Trail Kings in 26″ flavour UST Black Chilli Tubeless. Great grip and fast rolling but I deformed 3 carcasses on the rear from shoddy landings twice leaving me stranded. So I personally won’t have em again. By all accounts you can warranty them but that’s no good when your miles from anywhere. Perhaps they’ve changed the construction as well as a rebrand?

LoCo
    Free Member

Have picked up a set of Bonty team XR 3 team issues ( cheers Coatsey ) look and feel pretty good with a nice strong carcass and sidewalls, will update after I’ve had time to ride them

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘27.5" tyres (:-/) want my rear more alive’ is closed to new replies.