Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 27.2 Wobble Free Mechanical Dropper Post…?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

Do any exist?

I’m not fussed about budget, so what’s peoples’ experiences?

Thankeee

thegreatape
    Free Member

My Mrs has an RSP Plummet. Only thing she finds an issue is being so light she has to bounce on it to make it drop sometimes. Very easy to disassemble and clean up. £80 or so, and I think a decent product for that price.

rOcKeTdOg

Gravity dropper us brilliant, can’t say it doesn’t wobble though but it’s unnoticeable when riding only when you put your hand on the saddle & wobble it. Looks ugly as sin but mine has been faultless over 7.5 thousand miles

martinhutch

RSP Plummet here – there is a little bit of play when you pull it from side to side, but I can’t feel it when I’m in the saddle.

Thumb shifter seems a bit on the stiff side, though, and I have a feeling it’s going to need stripping down pretty regularly.

doom_mountain

I’ve got a Plummet as well, as above, it’s a bit agricultural but it works. Easy to strip down, less than £80 if you look around.
    Mine wobbles a bit, same as my mates Reverb…

nickjb
    Free Member

I suspect they all wobble a bit. Not noticeable when riding.

muddy247
    Free Member

I have a Gravity Dropper that’s 2 years old- works like new and don’t notice any movement when in the saddle.
    I also have a T-Mars dropper on the hardtail- similar agricultural design but the remote lets it down. Both are easy to service.
    Ks make a 27.2 dropper that’s looks great but comes with a huge £330 price tag!

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Hilo? Had mine for 2 years – doesn’t wobble and hasn’t needed any attention..

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have 3 gravity droppers, the oldest of which will be 10 years old in July. No noticeable wobble on any of them.

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 2014 HiLos, both went back and I gave up. Neither returned to full height as not enough pressure in them. Had them checked / serviced as after putting more in they sank a little even after following the instructions and ‘official’ fixes. Not a great experience. Will get a gravity dropper if I can find one with the spec I want at a sensible price.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

For completely wobble free the Thomson is probably the only one that will deliver this but this, but at a price.
    The hilo does wobble a bit, mines about 1mm either way and it’s over a year old. The hilo isn’t perfect, it’s been back under warranty once and losses a bit of pressure over time, but for £125 is not been a bad buy.

If the hilo dies I’ll get a Thomson to replace it though, unless I change my frame.

dab

The Spesh command post has been pretty good for me
    Was expecting some fail but it’s managed 3 yrs without a peep

I’ve got friends with both fox & Thomson ones and while they look pimp
    They’re quite pricey at RRP

Hth

Junkyard
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper- some wobble but not noticeable when riding

Ugly but functional as and one of mine is @ 8 years old

If you want one that will last get a GD

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘27.2 Wobble Free Mechanical Dropper Post…?’ is closed to new replies.