Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 27.2 dropper- what can I buy for circa £94?
  • hora
    Free Member

I’ve found a credit of £94 on a credit card. Soo..

for a 27.2 diameter what can I order and from where? 🙂

XFusion Hilo’s are double arent they? 🙁

mindmap3
    Free Member

Isn’t that the sort of thing a fashion biker would be buying?

On a serious note, the Raleigh ones are around that price and according the the review on the Dirt website were actually half descent for the money.

hora
    Free Member

A fashion biker wouldn’t have a max budget. I’m PauperRider(TM)

mindmap3
    Free Member

Principal still applies….it’s a must have item for all fashionable bikers, no matter what the budget. Hence there now being cheaper options…..

You’re on a slippery slope. You’ll be buying a Banshee next.

gonzy
    Free Member

i take it you wont be wanting that seatpost off me then?

teddy
    Free Member

rsp plummet for £77

just ordered one of these….

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’d be interested in seeing how people get on with that RSP one. Or when Hora gets bored of his i’ll but his one for £40 😉

hora
    Free Member

soma rich gonzy would have first refusal 😉

(gonzy I found one in the back of the shed)

acidchunks

Hilo from wiggle is 135 with a fiver off code if you sign up to their news letter.

hora
    Free Member

Hilo from wiggle is 135 with a fiver off code if you sign up to their news letter.

Not on the 27.2 option sadly.

gonzy
    Free Member

no problem Hora.

buck53

I’ve got the Tmars version of that ICE lift one, it’s fine. Completely bombproof (it would have to be to have me wobbling around on the top of it), works well enough and dead simple to strip, clean and reassemble (10 minute) job.

The only problem with it is the lever is crap. The RSP looks like the same post with a Reverb style trigger, so I’d go for that if I was buying now.

hora
    Free Member

The ‘prob’? with the Tmars/Ice one is if you are heavy (I’m 16stone) the locator pin that holds the travel in place can snap?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I was in a similar situation to the OP and ended up with the Sorata Pro (which I think is the same as the RSP Plummet). Mine came from ebay, but looking back the price has gone up considerably since. It was about £75 when I got it.
    It has three positions: up, down and in the middle. Some others have the middle position further towards the top of the post – just down a little bit – which might be better for the pedally bits.
    So far I’m happy – it isn’t flashy, but really does seem to make a difference.

buck53

The ‘prob’? with the Tmars/Ice one is if you are heavy (I’m 16stone) the locator pin that holds the travel in place can snap?

Hasn’t happened to me, I’m heavier than you.

The design of the pin actually means it’s more likely to slip out and thus the post down rather than snap.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

RSP Plummet. a friend has got one. They are great for the money. Nice lever and cable routing. I would of had one for my Solaris but was worried about shimming from 27.2 to 31.6

The bit that sticks out at the bottom of the post is a Salsa QR and not part of the dropper.

Crappy mobile photo below.

http://s10.postimg.org/6sqv2brt5/covehj.jpg

hora
    Free Member

Hows your mate getting on with the RSP

cb

The RSP ones seem to be sold out until June

vmgscot

GF has been using an RSP on her h/t for last few months now and no problems. Cost was £75 plus a spare bit of SP41 and inner cable as supplied length out the box was too short (for her small frame).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

My gravity dropper for £60 delivered….

hora
    Free Member

Its too much for me- 2yrs old+? For the difference I’d hold out for a RSP.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/remote-adjustable-seat-post

This looks similar the Forca Vario I bought a couple of years back.

It’s pretty agricultural compared to the likes of a Reverb. You need to strip it down, clean and relube every couple of months to keep it working, but it’s easy to do.

Only downside is, the spares are ridiculously expensive for what they actually are – wee slivers of plastic that keep it aligned in the grooves inside the seatpost that keep it facing the right way.

thepodge
    Free Member

tmars ones from Taiwan for under £50, I’m very tempted for the SS but fear it would make a nice lightish build unnecessarily heavy

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper- what can I buy for circa £94?’ is closed to new replies.