Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 27.2 Dropper Seatpost Options
  • Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Building up my 29er Inbred soon and deliberating on a dropper post, however options for 27.2 are limited.

What are the options and are they any good compared to a Reverb.

Other thought is to put a carbon post on. It should make it slightly more comfortable with a steel frame. Anything to watch with carbon posts and steel frames?

Thanks in advance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

AFAIK the only 27.2 non mechanical dropper is a couple of KS ones.

After that your into the Gravity droppers or copies.

chiefgrooveguru

Gravity Droppers are lighter, more reliable and easier to service than Reverbs and come in 27.2mm

Simon

X fusion hilo comes in 27.2

andrewh
    Free Member

Use a 31.6 Reverb and an inverse-shim

Simon

Gravity Dropper Turbo Multi is what I use, simple, light, reliable but some people don’t like having set positions or the looks.

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, anyone have any recommendations based on use/ownership?

sv

4 years of use on a GD (bought 2nd hand) and only stripped/greased it 3 months ago for the first time. Still runs perfectly.

sweepy
    Free Member

Gravity dropper turbo here, works great and as I can’t see out of my arse I don’t care what it looks like.

kennyboy
    Free Member

Got to be a LEV. 27.2. Isn’t air adjustable but mine is lovely to use. Had a problem with it snapping internal cables after a crash but turned out it I needed to replace bottom cap of post. All parts down to the smallest bolt are all easy obtained. Plus the 360 cable rotation is the dogs!

paladin

Will be trying out my new 27.2 hilo today 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

My ks lev in 27.2 has been spot on. Very nice bit of kit.

Bagstard
    Free Member

My inbred 29er looks like a tractor, so the agricultural Gravity Dropper matches it well!

slackalice
    Free Member

The ICE V8 comes in 27.2 and whilst basic in operation, it’s easy to strip and service. Keep it greased and once the spring return tension is set, it’s been working very well for me. Under £100 too IIRC.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘27.2 Dropper Seatpost Options’ is closed to new replies.