Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 27.2 dropper posts
  • philjunior
    Free Member

What’s out there in 27.2 that’s long and cheap and doesn’t fill up with cack like my ice tec v8? (Or 30.0 for all the negligible chance of one existing)

Thanks in advance.

docrobster
    Free Member

Define cheap

philjunior
    Free Member

Well I wasn’t to spend as little as possible but get something reasonably well sealed that works well preferably with infinite adjustability. The reverb on my other bike is like night and day

nickdavies

Ks, pick the one that fits the price you want to spend.
    eTen is cheap and goes from about £90 for the handle operated dropper up to about £140 for the integral remote version. There’s an external remote too.

Buy from bike-discount, cheapest I found when I bought my lev or if you want to stick to uk stif cycles.

boltonjon

Thompson – not cheap but very good

docrobster
    Free Member

My Hilo seems pretty well sealed. 400mm long for 100mm drop. I think they are £180 at the moment.

jamesoz

Worth mentioning that the KS Eten has a long minimum insertion, I had to get a taller saddle for mine as it’s close fit wise. Hilo requires less as does the redneck 125.

jonk

Tranz-x one here

Mowgli
    Free Member

I think the Redneck one on Ebay is the only 27.2 with 125mm travel. Not found any reviews of it yet unfortunately, but it seems unlikely to be as well made as the KS options. Possibly easier to strip and service though?

mduncombe
    Free Member

been running the KS Lev Integra 27.2 for the last couple of months, so far so good, only 100mm of drop but seems to be enough for my riding. Fitting was super easy on my 2016 XTC advanced hardtail. Not cheap though.

jamesoz

I’ve had the Redneck dropper for around a month. Too soon to comment on reliability but aside from the too big/sharp remote it seems fine with very little play. A bit clunky as expected though.

uberscott

I ran a HiLo for four years with no issues – worth checking the air pressure in the post occasionally. The remote lever is pretty crappy mind you, I ended up replacing it with a modified LH Shimano shifter and it was a huge improvement.

ajantom

My HiLo has been pretty faultless for the last 5(?) years. It developed a bit of side to side play early on, but hasn’t got any worse.
    They don’t like being wet, they get a bit sticky and squeaky. So I try and use a rear guard in winter, or make a boot out of some old inner-tube, saves the seals too.

The standard remote is a bit crap, but I used one from an old Maverick post and it worked well. I’ve now bodged an under-saddle lever for it from some aluminium bar as I swap it between bikes quite often.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper posts’ is closed to new replies.