27.2 dropper post

Home Forum Bike Forum 27.2 dropper post

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 27.2 dropper post
  • wors

Xfusion hilo, no problems so far. Great bit of kit

Gravity Dropper is pretty good. Even if it fails, it’s a doddle to strip and GD are great to deal with.

Gravity Dropper. Still working great after over two years on my lone MTB ridden in all weathers with just one service.

IHN

TMARS one from eBay, I like it. Sure, the seals may not be as great as the expensive ones, but it’s a piece of weewee to strip, clean and grease when needs be, and the addition of an inner tube ‘gaiter’ over the whole lot stops anything much getting in there anyway. I’ll take and pic of mine if I get a chance.

One of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMARS-2013-MODEL-419D-PRO-REMOTE-DROPPER-27-2mm-SEATPOST-3-HEIGHTS-/251247848914?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3a7f89edd2

nixon

Would you happen to know how much that TMARS one weighs, IHN? Cheers

seavers

Gravity dropper turbo. Really expensive though. Got one on sale but was going to go for the HiLo.

The GD really has been a cracking post for the last year, not one problem…not yet had to service. Like the fact it can be easily stripped when necessary and parts are readily available and don’t cost the earth.

Premier Icon Clink
    Subscriber

I’ve got one of these on the 2Souls jerry – you can have a look on Friday.

Muke

+1

seavers

Just a thought on the TMARS post.

I had one, or one of the many variants, before buying the GD. I didn’t rate it at all. I found the remote to be awkward to use and the seat would not always return fully to the highest position.

A dropper post has to work well and quickly for it to be worth having and enhance your riding. From my experience it was a hindrance. Buy cheap buy twice bla bla bla.

clubber

second hand hilo for me too. it needs regular lubing externally but works well.

singlecrack

Ok so what are my options …….what have you got …and how do you rate it ??

dvatcmark

I had a tmars and it bent on the second ride. Bought a hilo to replace it and it’s been faultless to date.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

Another happy GD Turbo user here.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

GD turo, go for about 80quid s/h on pinkbike etc

GD in the states are really helpful and have have repaired mine for cost of postage even though im not the 1st owner

Premier Icon rockhopperbike
    Subscriber

anyone know where you can get a G dropper turbo LP in the uk at the mo????

seavers

Was just looking at the difference in the LP and the Turbo. TBH I can’t see anything that makes me think the Turbo a bad buy.

LP gets you…..

Lower profile unit that is rotated 90° resulting in cleaner cable routing

Requires 1/4 inch less exposed seat post in order to ride each drop length

Upgraded 2024 aluminum resulting in a 500% increase in strength

New more flixible cable housing for better cable routing

More clearance for the back tire

Turbo LP unit now bolted to the post instead of bonded

17 gram reduction in weight.

All seems a bit meh to me. The turbo just works. And you can buy one in the UK.

andyl

I keep seeing that GDs are cheap for parts yet they seem to be un-proportionately expensive. Yet Reverbs can be picked up cheaper than a GD Turbo but the parts seem to cost a fortune….I wonder if it’s cheaper to build a GD from parts? 🙂

Premier Icon rockhopperbike
    Subscriber

main thing for me is the stronger Alu that they used- I guess my 90kilos will give a skinny seatpost a workout!

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Tmars here. Great bit of kit for the price. As has already been said, doddle to strip and clean, and once you’ve given it a proper grease it works fine. £68 v £200+ no brainer imo.

Oh and who cares about weight for £68!!

rc200f8

ks lev- it’s great!

Gravity Dropper. Still working great after over two years on my lone MTB ridden in all weathers with just one service.

Gravity dropper turbo. Really expensive though. Got one on sale but was going to go for the HiLo.

The GD really has been a cracking post for the last year, not one problem…not yet had to service. Like the fact it can be easily stripped when necessary and parts are readily available and don’t cost the earth.

Two of us had both ours fail on a group ride in a very wet Afan. However, a strip and a lube later (five minute job that could even be done trailside) and it was fine. I found using Fork Juice on it also helped a lot.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper post’ is closed to new replies.